Irql_not_less_or_equal error

Vespidian

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2010
Hi all, firstly sorry if this is in the wrong place but as I'm not to sure what the error is I decided to put it in a general area.

Pretty much my vista pc has started displaying a blue screen error everytime i click on on of the users to try and sign in. This screen says the whole "a problem as been detected..." followed by IRQL_NOT_LESSOR_EQUAL" it then has a list of troubleshooting tips and under technical information it usually displays a list of numbers and letters.

I've looked all over the place for answers but these usually revolve around either uninstalling recent drivers which I can't do as the system crashe assoon as I click on a username. Or they ask the person with the problem to list what the numbers after technical informatio say which has been confusing for me as mine seem to change nearly everytime I restart the computer to try and note them all down. The most common one I've noticed so far is "STOP: 0x000000A" (though not sure I've got the exact ammount of 000's in there) followed by about 4 or 5 more similar strings of zero's all ending in numbers increasing by 1 each time. Other than this I've also noted the first string ending with 3D or 2I instead o A and then all of the followin strics consisting of nothing but zero's. Safe mod, safe mode with networking and restart with last known good coniguration do nothing to prevent this.

I'm not sure what could have caused this as I haven't had any problems so far and this just occured out of the blue (I clicked play on a demand five video and the blue screen came up). Never had a problem with overheating and I've triedswitching the RAM to no avail. About the only other thing I can think of that could be relevant is that the mouse and keyboard stop workin if I just leave the computer to restart on its on after the blue screen rather than turning off the power and doing it that way.

Anway thanks in advance to anybody who has read through my rather lengthy attempt at a description and is able to help.

Tom

Vespidian

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2010
Edit: Sorry to double post but I don't seem to be able to edit my post and hae just noticed I typed 3D in the 3rd paragraph instead of D3.