[SOLVED] IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Feb 3, 2021
Greetings. I bought a new laptop 3 months ago and I constantly encountered the irql_not_less_equal error. Although I have shared this problem on many platforms including Lenovo forums and Microsoft Help, I have not found any solutions. BSOD screen often happens while watching videos. However, it rarely happens while browsing the web.

My computer is a little clumsy when watching video (especially when enlarging the video to full screen). I should mention that I have 16gb ram and ryzen 7 4000H. Isn't that kind of weird? BSOD happens on both chrome and microsoft edge.

During this time, I formatted my computer several times. For example, currently I only have antivirus software , card drivers, and google chrome installed. All my drivers are up to date. I had done "LONG" ie "quite long" tests with Memtest before. I've been busy with the windows driver verifier as well. I have learned a lot of things while trying to solve my issue.
In my last windows installation, I was able to reduce the number and frequency of BSODs by deleting the Lenovo vantage software, deleting and reinstalling the usb root drivers.

I have done a lot of research on this topic and tried countless ways. Some said Nvidia driver, some said delete antivirus, some said restore windows updates. Frankly, none of them worked for me.

I guess I should also mention, I never got any bsods while playing games that put stress on the CPU and video card. I have no problem when the computer gets hot and under load. This is also interesting. I get BSOD while watching video and especially as soon as I leave the video open and start dealing with something else. The question of whether there is a virus was very confusing in my mind. But after 4-5 full formatting, this possibility seems too far for me now.

If someone who is expert on this issue responds to me by examining my dumps, he will earn a lot of rewards in the afterlife. :)

Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x3F45A0)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0xFFFFB8001F053000, 0xFF, 0x35, 0xFFFFF8034F360BE9)

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuMsyqvZP1QniHrvTYhXxMOmAD_c?e=qd38G5

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2021
I will send a link to a friend who will convert the files for me so that I can help you, he will reply later

Whether the problem is solved or not thank you for trying to help me.

I will continue to write notes that I think might be helpful for our topic. For example, I'm doing Memtest again, about 2 hours have passed currently progress bar is in the 3rd pass and no error has been found yet.

After posting the message on the forum yesterday, I experienced something strange on the computer that I have also experienced before. Windows taskbar (bottom one) is acting unresponsive. Even if this does not happen in some sessions, it happens in some sessions. I can open the startup with the windows button on the keyboard (If I click with the mouse, it doesn't react.) But when the slide up menu appears non of the buttons work, i can not interact any of the features. And i can not search any of the folders in my harddrive. Only fix to this is ctrl+alt+del restart.

I also want to share my old dumps with you. There are many different bsod messages some date back months. I zipped them so it may be easier to manage.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuMsyqvZP1QniH58eYyWPqh8PDUh?e=N5DvV0

Last edited:

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the 7 newest dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/zp2kyoem/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:020321-9203-01.dmp (Feb 3 2021 - 12:37:44)
Bugcheck:IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 18 Min(s), and 42 Sec(s)

File information:121220-96125-01.dmp (Dec 11 2020 - 22:38:10)
Bugcheck:DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION (C4)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for AcpiVpc.sys
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: Lenovo.Modern.ImController.PluginHost.SettingsApp.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 04 Min(s), and 14 Sec(s)

File information:121220-9375-01.dmp (Dec 11 2020 - 23:58:37)
Bugcheck:PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: Lenovo.Modern.ImController.PluginHost.CompanionApp.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 11 Min(s), and 19 Sec(s)

File information:121220-10671-01.dmp (Dec 11 2020 - 21:54:24)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: LenovoVantageService.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 08 Min(s), and 00 Sec(s)

File information:121220-10171-01.dmp (Dec 11 2020 - 23:01:22)
Bugcheck:PFN_LIST_CORRUPT (4E)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: svchost.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 05 Min(s), and 21 Sec(s)

File information:121220-132156-01.dmp (Dec 11 2020 - 22:43:16)
Bugcheck:DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION (C4)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for AcpiVpc.sys
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: Lenovo.Modern.ImController.PluginHost.SettingsApp.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 03 Min(s), and 47 Sec(s)

File information:121220-153734-01.dmp (Dec 11 2020 - 23:42:10)
Bugcheck:CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION (109)
Probably caused by:Unknown_Image (Process: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 08 Min(s), and 28 Sec(s)
Possible system page: https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/laptop...-series/Lenovo-Legion-5-15ARH05/p/88GMY501444

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Reactions: Profanum
Feb 3, 2021
May 20 2020AcpiVpc.sysACPI Virtual Power Controller driver (Lenovo Corp.)

set off driver verifer twice.

maybe run this and see what updates are available - https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/au/en/...n-5-15arh05/downloads/automatic-driver-update

as it could be Lenovo software causing Lenovo software to crash

I am having a lot of BSODs with Lenovo Vantage (Lenovo Update Software) installed. This situation has not changed no matter how much windows I re-install. As you said, I was already suspected of AcpiVpc.sys. Today I deleted the service related by device manager. When I restarted my system, windows reinstalled the same driver. So I went to windows / system32 / drivers and changed the permissions of the corresponding .dll. AcpiVpc is Power control application for Lenovo. For now, Windows sees it as "unknown device" in device manager.

I don't understand why Lenovo insists on this bug-filled software when Windows already has a driver for this interior. When we search the subject on google, we can see that many people have had problems with this service since 2015. As far as I understand, there are even in these forums.

I have tried so many solutions that I will be very happy if this is the solution. But for now, I'm delaying the joy. I think we will wait and see :)