[SOLVED] Is 3D Rendering damaging my CPU or GPU?

Feb 5, 2019
Hi,

I make 3D art using DAZ3D, which uses the Iray engine to render. Often times I leave the computer rendering overnight because I make large scenes that take a few hours to complete.

Sometimes my room feels warm because of it and I never really thought about it being an issue until now, when I felt the side of the computer where the plastic window is and it feels kind of hot.

If it helps, I use this PC cover: CORSAIR Carbide SPEC-04 and this cooler fan: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 LED.

My system is the Ryzen 7 2700X, with a MSI GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI Duke 11G and 16 gb of ram.

My room is small so I guess it makes sense why it heats up the room but I'm worried that my continuous rendering is ruining my computer parts.

I am a bit of a computer noob but I have attached some info from AMD Ryzenmaster and Speedfan.

Are any of these stats concerning?
Ryzenmaster pic: https://imgur.com/Bpu3Jow
Speedfan pic: https://imgur.com/Cfzehwx

I also checked my GPU temp and it was 70 C.

Any info appreciated. Thank you so much

Solution
The parts should be able to handle the load of rendering, otherwise they are not up to snuff; admittedly, some rendering is a load on components, but, what good are they if they can't do what we purchased them for?

Will/might rendering 24/7 shorten a GPU's lifespan? Maybe,probably, and if so, by how much, etc., would be speculation on my part, and lack of a failure or a single failure might be an obviously limited sample size to draw any conclusions from...

Under full load, you might have 300-325-ish watts of dissipated heat to contend with, worst case...; this time of year (assuming you are in northern hemisphere), the extra heat is appreciated sometimes.
The parts should be able to handle the load of rendering, otherwise they are not up to snuff; admittedly, some rendering is a load on components, but, what good are they if they can't do what we purchased them for?

Will/might rendering 24/7 shorten a GPU's lifespan? Maybe,probably, and if so, by how much, etc., would be speculation on my part, and lack of a failure or a single failure might be an obviously limited sample size to draw any conclusions from...

Under full load, you might have 300-325-ish watts of dissipated heat to contend with, worst case...; this time of year (assuming you are in northern hemisphere), the extra heat is appreciated sometimes.

Solution