is 4 gb ram enough

Solution
If all you can go with right now is 4GB then go 4GB. Just make sure you do it in such a way that you can add to your existing memory when you make the jump to 8GB. That is, if you have 4 memory slots, dont fill them all up with 1GB sticks. Sounds dumb, but some people do that. Fill up 2 slots with 2x2GB sticks and then later you just pop another set of those memory sticks in later when you can afford them.

frostbyte913

Reputable
Aug 26, 2014

i am on a budget and i can only afford 4gb because of how expensive it is to get 8gb.i am saving to get 8gb in the future.it can still run games like skyrim,dota 2,titanfall and others right

frostbyte913

Reputable
Aug 26, 2014

i said that i am still saving money i will get 8gb in the future but not now

If all you can go with right now is 4GB then go 4GB. Just make sure you do it in such a way that you can add to your existing memory when you make the jump to 8GB. That is, if you have 4 memory slots, dont fill them all up with 1GB sticks. Sounds dumb, but some people do that. Fill up 2 slots with 2x2GB sticks and then later you just pop another set of those memory sticks in later when you can afford them.

Solution