Is 450w enough for this build?

SirLoungelot

Reputable
Sep 21, 2014
Been trying to figure out a definite answer, but haven't really found anything. This is my first CPU build so I'm really trying to get it right. Here's the build:

Processor: Intel Core i5-4690K Processor - Quad Core, 3.5GHz
MOBO: MSI Z87-G41 PC Mate LGA 1150 Intel Z87
SSD: SanDisk Ultra II 240GB
HDD: WD Blue 1 TB Desktop Hard Drive 3.5" - Sata 6 Gb/s, 7200RPM
Memory: HyperX Fury Series 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Optical: ASUS DVD-Writer Black SATA Model DRW-24F1ST
Video: EVGA 02G-P4-3753-KR G-SYNC Support GeForce GTX 750 Ti Superclocked 2GB 128-Bit GDDR5

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!

Solution
For a system using a single EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti Superclocked [02G-P4-3753-KR] graphics card a minimum of a 300 Watt or greater system power supply that has a maximum combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 21 Amps or greater and that has at least one 75 Watt 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connector is recommended. (Minimum system power requirement based on a PC configured with an Intel Core i7 3.2GHz 130 Watt TDP processor.)

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT the crucial factor in power supply selection!!! Sufficient Total Combined Continuous Power/Current Available on the +12V Rail(s) is the most critical factor....

MT6Anime

Honorable
Jul 17, 2014
If you ever plan on upgrading to a bigger GPU later on I would recommend getting a bigger PSU. If you already have a GPU in mind which you plan on upgrading to later check its minimum requirements and get a PSU now that beats that by about 100 watts.

For a system using a single EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti Superclocked [02G-P4-3753-KR] graphics card a minimum of a 300 Watt or greater system power supply that has a maximum combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 21 Amps or greater and that has at least one 75 Watt 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connector is recommended. (Minimum system power requirement based on a PC configured with an Intel Core i7 3.2GHz 130 Watt TDP processor.)

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT the crucial factor in power supply selection!!! Sufficient Total Combined Continuous Power/Current Available on the +12V Rail(s) is the most critical factor.

Overclocking of the CPU and/or GPU(s) may require an additional increase to the maximum combined +12 Volt continuous current ratings, recommended above, to meet the increase in power required for the overclock. The additional amount required will depend on the magnitude of the overclock being attempted.

Solution