[SOLVED] Is 4k 144hz monitord worth it?

rianh123

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2015
Hello,

I currently have an Asus 1080p, 144hz monitor, ill upgrade my pc in a few months with a 3080/i9 and now am looking for a new display. I have the ps5 and play story games on it on the 4k TV however I was wondering is it worth getting a 4k 144hz monitor for pc games? They're pretty expensive at the minute and should I hold out for more to come into the market or just get a 2k monitor? Also if you can lemme know any good recommendations!!

Thanks

Solution
With story based games you could probably go 4K 60Hz but just make sure it has G-Sync. There is no problem going 4K 144Hz but the benefits of the high Hz I feel are less than compared to playing fast reaction based games like FPS/racing.

Myself I went 1440p 144Hz and paired with my 3080 it’s a great combination. I would not call it overpowered but I mainly play FPS and racing games. I still have to sacrifice some settings in a few games to get >140fps. I also worry just how long 10gb will be enough for 4K. There are already reviews showing 8Gb on the 3070 is limiting at 4K.
With story based games you could probably go 4K 60Hz but just make sure it has G-Sync. There is no problem going 4K 144Hz but the benefits of the high Hz I feel are less than compared to playing fast reaction based games like FPS/racing.

Myself I went 1440p 144Hz and paired with my 3080 it’s a great combination. I would not call it overpowered but I mainly play FPS and racing games. I still have to sacrifice some settings in a few games to get >140fps. I also worry just how long 10gb will be enough for 4K. There are already reviews showing 8Gb on the 3070 is limiting at 4K.

Solution