[SOLVED] Is 500W PSU enough for 2 case cooling fans?

Solution
View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f6snWfd1v7M

Not being facetious. Or funny. Or sarcastic. Most of us take psus quite seriously, it's a general belief that the psu is the single most important part of any pc. It's responsible for the total health, safety, performance, reliability of any pc. It literally is the heart of the system. You don't mess with the ticker.

If you watch the video, take note of what the psu claims the wattage is, compared to what the load actually craps out on. These were all brand new units run at room temperatures, not even in a hot-box setting.

issenshin

Prominent
Sep 3, 2018
Intel Core i5 4460 @ 3.20GHz
Haswell 22nm Technology
RAM
12.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. H81M-S1 (SOCKET 0)
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Gigabyte)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (NVIDIA)
SLI Disabled
Storage
465GB Seagate ST3500312CS (SATA )
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NSB0. Is that it?

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
its the cheapest one, Zeus. Do I detect a hint of sarcasm here?
Sarcasm, no. There are legitimately power supplies that are really that bad. Some that either use a deceptive model number, or even outright lie about their wattage.

Power Supplies are a SAFETY item. They are guilty until proven innocent. You do not gamble your hardware on a substandard power supply.

Not having heard of Zeus as a PSU maker, I am going to assume they are bad - but what is the EXACT model number on it? If you can photograph the power specs label on the PSU, that would be very helpful.

Still, the first link in my sig takes you to a write-up that explains exactly what are good vs bad power supplies. That is a MUST READ on the topic.

Reactions: issenshin

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f6snWfd1v7M

Not being facetious. Or funny. Or sarcastic. Most of us take psus quite seriously, it's a general belief that the psu is the single most important part of any pc. It's responsible for the total health, safety, performance, reliability of any pc. It literally is the heart of the system. You don't mess with the ticker.

If you watch the video, take note of what the psu claims the wattage is, compared to what the load actually craps out on. These were all brand new units run at room temperatures, not even in a hot-box setting.

Solution