[SOLVED] Is 650 watts PSU overkill for a Ryzen 3 3200G ?

Sep 7, 2022
Hello, I'm noob in this topic and want to ask some experienced person if 650 watts 80+ bronze is overkill for my specs or not.

Ryzen 3 3200G
8Gb 3200mhz *1
Msi B450 Tomhawk max
2 RGB Fans
Inbuilt Led lights in fan and Pump block For aio liquid Deepcool Gammax 120L
240GB Nvme or SSD
Cheap mouse & keyboard, wired
No GPU for now

Last edited:
Solution
It looks like you intend to add a gpu later. You want a psu with enough headroom for the gpu you will add, it doesn’t really matter what the system needs now.
Sep 7, 2022
If it´s lying around, don´t hesitate and use it :)
Yes it's free, not in use. That's why I was confused if I should use it or not. Well in future do I need to downgrade from what psu I'll use as I mentioned Antec CSK650 650 watts 80+ bronze? Just wondering if it can affect my cpu/mobo in long run

Sep 7, 2022
It looks like you intend to add a gpu later. You want a psu with enough headroom for the gpu you will add, it doesn’t really matter what the system needs now.
Yes I might add gpu later. Thanks for the suggestion.:)
The PSU is pretty bad for a GPU. A groupregulated PSU is not recommanded for any system with GPU since Intel introduced the C6/C7 powerstates in 2013.
I had no idea about that. I was using that PSU in my old specs.

Ryzen 5 3600
Rtx 2060 Galax 1 click oc
8*2 3200hz
Msi B450 tomahawk max
Deepcool Gammax 120L
And the Psu Antec CSK 650 80+ Bronze

But the thing is I had to replace my PSU twice
And I don't know the reason what is the main culprit behind my pc stop booting. It could be because mobo/psu I had to rma my ramstick. GPU which is replaced new now. I haven't used yet because I've rma my motherboard. They accepted to give me a replacement. I was frustrated of my PSU/MOBO I don't know which product is culprit. So since my most of part is new now from rma. So I decided to change my old PSU to Corsair RMx series Rm850x and sell or utilise this replace this CSK antec psu somewhere also. Also decided to change mobo. Because I think my motherboard could also be culprit to defect all my pc parts like ram GPU psu.... So I decided to buy Asus ROG strix B550-f. Here in my country Asus service is really good unlike msi. They treat me really bad. And wasted my 2 months in resubmitting the unit. Finally somehow they told me to video call and then they accepted to give me a replacement.

So what I learnt is better spend few extra bucks then going for budget build