Question IS 8 GB usb stick formated to 7,6 GB enough for Windows 10 installation?

Scott Wayne

Honorable
Mar 11, 2015
yes it is windows is about 4.5gb so just you know you will need to use a iso and use rufus tool to make your usb bootable winrar used to compress into iso if not u will need to purchase power iso but if you want to install windows on it no its not enough you need a 32gb usb card reason why is the updates take up a lot of hd space

Scott Wayne

Honorable
Mar 11, 2015
i was thinking he had to make a boot disk from a library,before i got my internet i had to download rufus and iso of windows windows ten will work unactivated but you wont be allow to use aps till its activated but all basic functions are there usaly i download the preveiw and use rufus to create a bootaable usb windows it will leave a watermark on desktop telling you you need to activate windows and you cant use themes or any desktop features in basic mode but u can still run any exe programs but no apps ive used the basic version plenty of times on my older rigs.windows ten can be downloaded now rather or not its comes with cracks i do not know i only downloaded the preveiw verson. my gaming pc i finely activated and upgraded to enterprise ill check out that tool though. im always open to new knowledge.but the media tool cant be used on a public computer aka library work or schools usually the filters blocks it gotta take the stuff home and install it

Last edited:

USAFRet

Titan
i was thinking he had to make a boot disk from a library,before i got my internet i had to download rufus and iso of windows windows ten will work unactivated but you wont be allow to use aps till its activated but all basic functions are there usaly i download the preveiw and use rufus to create a bootaable usb windows it will leave a watermark on desktop telling you you need to activate windows and you cant use themes or any desktop features in basic mode but u can still run any exe programs but no apps ive used the basic version plenty of times on my older rigs.windows ten can be downloaded now rather or not its comes with cracks i do not know i only downloaded the preveiw verson. my gaming pc i finely activated and upgraded to enterprise ill check out that tool though. im always open to new knowledge.but the media tool cant be used on a public computer aka library work or schools usually the filters blocks it gotta take the stuff home and install it
Installing Win 10 without activation brings very few restrictions.
I have a test of exactly this, just to see what happens. Installed in a VM on Dec 8 2016. Still running just fine.

It gets all the regular updates.
No customization of the Taskbar
No customization of the desktop background (easily worked around)
Sometimes appearing watermark at bottom right.
All applications, including apps from the MS store, work just fine. I just installed something (File Viewer Plus) to test that concept. Works just fine.

Again, direct from Microsoft:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

No rufus, no WinRAR, and especially no cracks.