[SOLVED] Is 80 degrees safe for an MSI Armor RX570 8GB?

DeathHadArrived

Reputable
Aug 8, 2019
I was steaming and I noticed that my GPU hit 80-82 degrees. I am using the MSI Armor OC RX570 8GB card. The graphics card is on full load. Is it safe for a GPU to go to 80-82 degrees. I am not overclocking my graphics card. I am using a Thermaltake case with 4 120 mm fans which have one 800 rpm fan, one 1200 rpm fan, one 1400 rpm fan and 2000 rpm fan.

Last edited:
Solution

Sounds like its safe according to the fellow in the linked thread. AMD / nvidia usually state the "max operating temperature" but their website doesnt seem to have it for that specific card for some reason.

A lot of other people seem to be reporting 75 to 80c load temperatures including some professional reviewers getting ~75c so it doesn't sound uncommon. 80c may not be ideal but it shouldn't be anything that will destroy it from what I can gather

Furzumz

Reputable

Sounds like its safe according to the fellow in the linked thread. AMD / nvidia usually state the "max operating temperature" but their website doesnt seem to have it for that specific card for some reason.

A lot of other people seem to be reporting 75 to 80c load temperatures including some professional reviewers getting ~75c so it doesn't sound uncommon. 80c may not be ideal but it shouldn't be anything that will destroy it from what I can gather

Solution

GoofyOne

Commendable
Apr 4, 2021
I have a RX 580x gpu, and I manually set the fan to run at 55%. It is only a faintly audible. I find if I leave it at default setting it idles at 30% but when gaming the fan tends to go crazy fast at odd times.

It tries to always run at 30%, but then when it needs cooling the fan goes really fast (and loud) for a time, and then slows back down to 30%. I'm sure there must be a way to set up a profile for the fan that would make it run less erratically, but it is beyond me at the moment.

Maybe try setting the fan a bit higher, 55% and see if it runs cooler.

{GoofyOne's 2c worth}

Adam65

Great
Nov 29, 2020
I was steaming and I noticed that my GPU hit 80-82 degrees. I am using the MSI Armor OC RX570 8GB card. The graphics card is on full load. Is it safe for a GPU to go to 80-82 degrees. I am not overclocking my graphics card. I am using a Thermaltake case with 4 120 mm fans which have one 800 rpm fan, one 1200 rpm fan, one 1400 rpm fan and 2000 rpm fan.
It wont die but it won't last long
If it possible change thermal paste

sonofjesse

Distinguished

Adam65

Great
Nov 29, 2020
I was getting 45-52 degrees on full load with my gigabyte 980, it runs a little bit high for me, will work with no issues but the chipset life will be reduced