Question Is 80+ PSU really not working with stepped sine wave UPS?

Jul 11, 2020
I just heard this new information that someone says:
" If the PSU AC Input is in the range of 110v~240v or 200v~240v it's okay to use stepped sine wave, but if the PSU AC Input is 220v~240v then it must be paired with true sine wave UPS."

How much true is this information true?

I heard someone say some PSU with active PFC doesn't work with stepped sine wave UPS but some other models with active PFC works for them. Why there's no list showing which PSU work with stepped sine wave and which PSU doesn't?

kanewolf

Titan
I just heard this new information that someone says:
" If the PSU AC Input is in the range of 110v~240v or 200v~240v it's okay to use stepped sine wave, but if the PSU AC Input is 220v~240v then it must be paired with true sine wave UPS."

How much true is this information true?

I heard someone say some PSU with active PFC doesn't work with stepped sine wave UPS but some other models with active PFC works for them. Why there's no list showing which PSU work with stepped sine wave and which PSU doesn't?
A quality, recently made power supply will have a voltage input of 90 to 250VAC. A power supply with a narrow voltage range is a cheap, or very old design. It should be replaced, IMO.