[SOLVED] Is 90 celsius degree normal when playing games?

Aug 3, 2019
Hi,
I plays Monster Hunter and I noticed that my CPU temperature hover around 89 to 90 degrees is this normal? I use the stock cooler btw and I am using a r5 2600. I have my PC for 7 months it wasnt this hot at first. Should I change my cpu cooler? Im thinking Corsair 212 black edition. Any advice is appreciated!

Solution
Could be hot for two reasons.
1: Your motherboard, r5 2600 are known to run hot on a320 and some b450
2: Your whole pc isn't getting enough airflow causing the stock cooler to not be able to pull in enough air.

Although I would add more fans and buy a Liquid cooler first.
Hi,
I plays Monster Hunter and I noticed that my CPU temperature hover around 89 to 90 degrees is this normal? I use the stock cooler btw and I am using a r5 2600. I have my PC for 7 months it wasnt this hot at first. Should I change my cpu cooler? Im thinking Corsair 212 black edition. Any advice is appreciated!
It's way too high.There could be multiple causes like too high voltage for instance

Jul 20, 2019
2: Your whole pc isn't getting enough airflow causing the stock cooler to not be able to pull in enough air.

Solution
Aug 3, 2019

My motherboard is
Aorus B450 AORUS M
And yeah I think I need to add more fans. I just dont have money to get a liquid cooler at the moment

solo_2101

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2009
You could start with simple changes, like changing out the thermopaste, sometimes the paste dries up and doesn't conduct the heat as it usedto. Another thing is getting the computer case out in the open. That usually improves the air flow, which also helps with the temperatures.

Aug 3, 2019
You could start with simple changes, like changing out the thermopaste, sometimes the paste dries up and doesn't conduct the heat as it usedto. Another thing is getting the computer case out in the open. That usually improves the air flow, which also helps with the temperatures.
I just bought a new cpu cooler lol oops