Is a Best Buy Refurbished Laptop Trustworthy?

SplashHero

Reputable
Jun 6, 2014
Hi, I've recently started looking into buying a new laptop, as my old one is starting to become very dated. I found on the best buy website a Lenovo Y50 that has been refurbished by from what I can tell some third party company, and then tested by the Geek Squad.

"Geek Squad® Certified Refurbished products are thoroughly, painstakingly and lovingly tested, so you can be sure that your device will work right, right away."

Has anybody had any experience with this before? I trust Best Buy as a seller that would allow me to receive a replacement if anything did end up going awry.

Solution
Geek Squad® Certified Refurbished products are thoroughly, painstakingly and lovingly tested

The one refurb machine I bought from BestBuy, long long ago, had supposedly been wiped and refreshed.
When I got it home and started looking around, the original owners personal info was still in the Registry. Name, address, credit card num, etc.

The machine worked just fine, but " thoroughly, painstakingly and lovingly tested" doesn't mesh with actual GeekSquad practices.

But it will probably be OK.

USAFRet

Titan
Geek Squad® Certified Refurbished products are thoroughly, painstakingly and lovingly tested

The one refurb machine I bought from BestBuy, long long ago, had supposedly been wiped and refreshed.
When I got it home and started looking around, the original owners personal info was still in the Registry. Name, address, credit card num, etc.

The machine worked just fine, but " thoroughly, painstakingly and lovingly tested" doesn't mesh with actual GeekSquad practices.

But it will probably be OK.

Solution

clamp

Reputable
Jul 29, 2015
I would suggest that unless its being sold to clear you will probably be overpaying. I got a really good deal on a lenovo through Amazon but that can be hit or miss. Can you supply the specs and price for the bestbuy deal?