[SOLVED] Is a Nvidia GeForce GT 1030 2GB GDDR5 (used) worth £50?

Apr 15, 2019
Hi everyone,
I am thinking of getting the Nvidia GeForce GT 1030 2GB GDDR5 from CeX for £50 - do you think that is worth it? I am doing light video editing and I think a good graphics card will allow me to do it more smoothly. The CeX listing is https://uk.webuy.com/product-detail...puting&title=nvidia-geforce-gt-1030-2gb-gddr5.

All replies are greatly appreciated and I thank you in advance! :)

Edit: If needed here is conversion rate - £50 GBP is the equivalent of $65.46 USD

Thanks,
Eddie

Last edited:
Solution
Thanks for all the input.
I’ve decided to go with the original £50 CeX listing because I’m cheap 😀
Thanks,
Eddie
Also: sorry about the problem with my signature - I’m new and didn’t realise the rule - apologies

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Two things to keep in mind:

1 - Make sure it's a GDDR5 version, and NOT a DDR4 version. If it's a DDR4 version , I would skip it, as it suffers, performance-wise, compared to the GDDR5 version.

2 - New ones are not a lot more. Take a look here (I've only included the GDDR5 versions):

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/products/video-card/#c=396&sort=price
EDIT: note the first MSI at the top of the list somehow snuck past the filters, and is a DDR4. Skip that one. When you click on any of the selections for details, make sure you look in the left column and be certain it lists GDDR5 as the Memory Type.

Reactions: EddiesTech

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
I can't view it (can't view eBay from work) - so I couldn't say.... I know my own radar kind of gets alerted when someone says they've got an item for sale that they've only had for a few days.

BUT, if they have the receipts to prove it....

Apr 15, 2019
Thanks for all the input.
I’ve decided to go with the original £50 CeX listing because I’m cheap 😀
Thanks,
Eddie
Also: sorry about the problem with my signature - I’m new and didn’t realise the rule - apologies

Solution