is a one time gpu artifact bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

melbinthegamer

Prominent
Sep 24, 2017
I have recently seen an artifact on a game. It has only happened once. I saw this artifact in GIANT MACHINES 2017. I haven't seen it in any other games. Is this bad? is my gpu faulty?

Intel i5 6400
Asus gtx 1060 3gb oc edition
Gigabyte h110M-S2
Corsair vengeance 8gb ddr4
WD blue 1TB
Corsair vs450 w

melbinthegamer

Prominent
Sep 24, 2017
Thanks for your answer. But there is one more problem I'm getting lags while gaming even with my 1060. Some games just lags about 1-2 specs and some games lag as hell. I don't think there's any bottleneck. Tried updating the drivers still no change
. Can you plz solution for this too?

The gpu and cpu temps are ok
50-70 degrees on the gpu
40-50 degrees on the gpu

COLGeek

Cybernaut
What are the games that are lagging? Also, have you attempted to overclock anything (CPU, GPU, or memory)?

What resolution do you game at? What type of cable do you use to connect your GPU to your display (HDMI, DisplayPort, VGA, etc)?

melbinthegamer

Prominent
Sep 24, 2017
Most of my games lags. The games that lags too much are
The rise of the tomb raider, Deux ex mankind divided, COD advances warfare. I've lowered the settings but still those games lags too much. I didn't overclocke d anything. I'm using hdmi
Resolution: 1366x768

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Is your hard drive connected to a SATA 2 or SATA 3 port?

Also, from what sources did you get your games from? Were they installed from commercial media or downloaded?

What version of Windows are you running and is it fully up to date?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I suspect your games are not legit and that is causing much of your problems. The only fix is to install legitimate versions. By the way, is your installation of Windows legit?

Your hardware, especially at your resolution, should perform well with most games.

Tom's Hardware does not support any form of software piracy. None. Period.

COLGeek

Cybernaut

Pirated games often lack all required system files to work properly. They also often carry additional malware payloads that run on your system, stealing computing resources while running in the background.

I would suggest a thorough malware and virus scan immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.