Is a pc built for 3d animation related work can still play high end games?

KitsuThien

Reputable
Apr 17, 2019
I'm not sure with this because I am a student learning for 3d animation and wanted to built my pc for my future workstuffs but I also like to play games -- a lot of them especially the recent ones that came out. I am worried because I know that when making 3ds is you have to consider overclocking and stuffs ,right? so I wanna know this. Thanks in advance!

Sure, there's no reason why such a system wouldn't be good for both. Hardware that will be good for 3D animation should be good for gaming as well. You don't really need to overclock for either task. That's just to optionally get a little bit more performance out of the hardware, but it is not necessary.

Sure, the largest difference is the graphics card. Workstation graphics cards often have ECC (error correcting) memory and are optimized for stability and accuracy. Gaming graphics cards have similar hardware, but with non-ECC memory and optimized for raw FPS. You won't get quite the same performance from a workstation class card with similar hardware, but it will work fine.

The processors may be identical, but if they aren't, the workstation is likely to have lots of relatively slower cores than the gaming machine which will have a moderate number of relatively faster cores.

All of this is very general of course, but the bottom line is that a workstation type PC will run games fine but might not have quite the performance even with 'more powerful' hardware.

KitsuThien

Reputable
Apr 17, 2019
I believe it is acer aspire 3 but sadly its not that really good with performance because it was bought like way way back then