Question Is a second-hand MSI Aero 1070 Ti worth it for 200 euros ?

May 7, 2022
I've seen a msi aero 1070 ti for 200 euros, checking reviews they say it's pretty loud and sometimes it can reach high temperatures. Does someone have had it? Honest review, it's a good price right now. I have a 500watts psu with:
1 x 8-pin (4+4) CPU cable
2 x 8-pin (6+2) PCIe cable

I think it's compatible, but what i don't know is if it will fit because my WiFi adapter is in a slot below the GPU slot.

Last edited:

ötzi

Proper
Apr 2, 2022
It will fit, the Aero has a 2 slot cooler and your WIFI adaptor might not even block the fan of the GPU, it will be close though.
Could you specify make and model of your 500W PSU?
If you want a more silent 1070 Ti you might want to look out for an EVGA 1070Ti FTW ultra silent or an Asus Strix 1070Ti gaming.

Last edited:
May 7, 2022
It will fit, the Aero has a 2 slot cooler and your WIFI adaptor might not even block the fan of the GPU, it will be close though.
Could you specify make and model of your 500W PSU?
If you want a more silent 1070 Ti you might want to look out for an EVGA 1070Ti FTW ultra silent or an Asus Strix 1070Ti gaming.
In other post I already said it but it's a evga 500watts white . It has enough power to try the card, maybe i will buy a gold 550watts card for 65.
I know that other models can be more silent but well, it was 190 without the shipping so it's pretty good, all the other cards were at 275-300 without shipping.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Well, i have to check it's working but when i have test it i will buy a new psu for my main pc. 550 watts gold surely.

That is a fine PSU and a massive improvement over your current.

Your current one is safe enough to test the GPU. It's a mediocre entry-level PSU, but it's not a horrifying explosion machine, like some of the really dodgy PSUs we occasionally see around here. It's just not a PSU I'd want to run the GPU on long-term, for its health.

Reactions: ThunderBolt019
May 7, 2022
That is a fine PSU and a massive improvement over your current.

Your current one is safe enough to test the GPU. It's a mediocre entry-level PSU, but it's not a horrifying explosion machine, like some of the really dodgy PSUs we occasionally see around here. It's just not a PSU I'd want to run the GPU on long-term, for its health.
OK, perfect.