[SOLVED] Is Aerocool Graphite good ?

RedNeckBack

Prominent
May 20, 2022
Hello, i'm using Corsair Carbide Spec Delta RGB with my system (Ryzen 5 3600 & Gigabyte RTX 2060 OC). I am not glad my case airflow and my cpu, gpu temp, especially gpu. So i wanna upgrade my case a little bit cooler than mine.
https://aerocool.io/product/graphite/ does have any good airflowing ? If you think Aerocool Graphite is better than my Spec Delta, how much decreasing temperatures will i get ? Also my area on the table is not too big so i look at the size smth like mine.

Aerocool Graphite is kinda cheap rn, so i can get this one then i can sell mine. If you have any specific recommendation you can recommend.

Solution
Recommend is easy, but not in your price bracket because that's different to mine. The Aerocool Graphite tempered glass with FRGB fans is @ $130 here, somewhat different to your $70 price, so it's really hard to tell exactly what any price would be by you. I could show you a $100 case here that could be $50 by you or $200, no way of telling.

The filter mod is easy. There's multiple braces across the front panel with plastic flat pieces between. Use a razor knife, dremel or other cutting tool and cut out the flat piece, leaving the brace. Trace the flat piece to a mesh filter and cut it out larger leaving an extra 5mm or so around each cut. Small bead of epoxy on the back of the brace, lay the filter cutout on the back of the panel and...
D

Deleted member 362816

I think there are better cases on the market but this one does have a front mesh panel that should allow decent airflow if you plan to only air cool.

Reactions: RedNeckBack

RedNeckBack

Prominent
May 20, 2022
this one does have a front mesh panel that should allow decent airflow if you plan to only air cool.
Yeah i wanna get better airflow and temperatures. In my opinion, Aerocool Graphite might provide better air cool and temperatures than my Corsair Carbide Spec Delta, am i right ?

I think there are better cases on the market
If you recommend any specific model what did you mean that, i'll check it if they're available and their costs.

Btw i'm planning to sell my case around 30-35 usd and i would say aerocool graphite will cost extra around 10-15 usd in my country, rn. It's normal price is around 70 usd but right now, it costs 45 usd.

Last edited:

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
I have yet to see Anything made by Aerocool actually be worth the price, or even close.

Notice in the marketing they say 'colored LEDs'. They are exactly that, rainbow colored LEDs, not rgb. You'd be forever stuck with rainbow, and there's no control. They use a molex connector directly to the psu. 1 speed. And it's not a good speed, to get the retail price, you are looking at fans they get for less than $2.

The airflow in your current case is probably not only better, but changeable to cpu needs, regardless of the mesh front. To get decent airflow would require 3x new fans, decent ones, and then you just traded a good quality case for a much cheaper, flimsy case that ended up costing more.

If you have a steady hand and a dremel, I'd say just mod the front panel and add some mesh. Cutting the flat plastic parts out isn't hard and you can get mesh from many magnetic filters, just epoxy it to the rear of the panel. It's a common mod.

Last edited:

RedNeckBack

Prominent
May 20, 2022
Notice in the marketing they say 'colored LEDs'. They are exactly that, rainbow colored LEDs, not rgb. You'd be forever stuck with rainbow, and there's no control. They use a molex connector directly to the psu. 1 speed. And it's not a good speed, to get the retail price, you are looking at fans they get for less than $2.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiP4mjWC5zA&ab_channel=AeroCool

Isn't it ARGB ? I know what you mean i guess, it is like FRGB which colored only rainbow and there's no control.

My cases fans are not bad and cases quality of its material is pretty okay 'in my opinion'. But i think it doesn't have nice airflow because of the being plastic panel on the front side.

I'd say just mod the front panel and add some mesh. Cutting the flat plastic parts out isn't hard and you can get mesh from many magnetic filters, just epoxy it to the rear of the panel. It's a common mod.
I guess I can make magnetic filter for front panel. I guess i don't understand how to add some mesh. I think magnetic filter might help me to get less dust but i guess it can not help us to make cooler, am i wrong ?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Aerocool has updated its fans. Huh, go figure. FRGB is Fixed RGB, generally uses a 6pin proprietary connector to a dedicated hub. The rgb aspect is controlled by the button on the case, otherwise it's not programmable using motherboard software. The fan speed is not controlled, it's direct from the psu, split through the hub.

The only way to change that to use the motherboard is dump the switch, fans and hub entirely and use motherboard based fans. Basically your rgb will be whatever Aerocool has decided as the choices you get, which from the video is pretty selectively crappy.

RedNeckBack

Prominent
May 20, 2022
Aerocool has updated its fans. Huh, go figure. FRGB is Fixed RGB, generally uses a 6pin proprietary connector to a dedicated hub. The rgb aspect is controlled by the button on the case, otherwise it's not programmable using motherboard software. The fan speed is not controlled, it's direct from the psu, split through the hub.

The only way to change that to use the motherboard is dump the switch, fans and hub entirely and use motherboard based fans. Basically your rgb will be whatever Aerocool has decided as the choices you get, which from the video is pretty selectively crappy.
Actuall i use B450m S2H so i can't use motherboard and i would say corsair spec delta doesn't have any button on the top side of the case.

Now, i'll can change my question.
Let's say keep my case, how can i make my case has better cooling performance, maybe adding 1-2 fan on the top side intake or exhaust or smth like this. It can be Arctic F12 or P12 will cost 8 usd per fan.
OR get better case without changing or adding new decent fans. As i said i can sell my spec delta between 32-38 usd. You can recommend new case around 50 usd maybe. It can be mAtx or ATX and i would say please don't recommend case which has big height.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Recommend is easy, but not in your price bracket because that's different to mine. The Aerocool Graphite tempered glass with FRGB fans is @ $130 here, somewhat different to your $70 price, so it's really hard to tell exactly what any price would be by you. I could show you a $100 case here that could be $50 by you or $200, no way of telling.

The filter mod is easy. There's multiple braces across the front panel with plastic flat pieces between. Use a razor knife, dremel or other cutting tool and cut out the flat piece, leaving the brace. Trace the flat piece to a mesh filter and cut it out larger leaving an extra 5mm or so around each cut. Small bead of epoxy on the back of the brace, lay the filter cutout on the back of the panel and done. Let dry. How good it looks determined by how much effort you put into making it look good. You can use anything mesh for a filter, even an old screen window section spray painted whatever color you choose.

1 fan, top rear as exhaust. You want to try and keep some distance between intakes and exhaust so that they push/pull case air and heat. An exhaust right next to an intake does nothing but pull out cold air fed in.

Case: Lian Li LANCOOL 205M MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($79.98 @ Amazon)
Case: Corsair Crystal 280X MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($109.99 @ Corsair)
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($112.98 @ Newegg)

Good airflow small cases, shorter than your current ATX.

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case ($102.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Lian Li LANCOOL 215 ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.99 @ Newegg Sellers)
Case: Lian Li LANCOOL 205 Mesh ATX Mid Tower Case ($88.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P360A ATX Mid Tower Case ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT H510 Flow ATX Mid Tower Case ($84.99 @ Best Buy)
Case: Corsair 4000D ATX Mid Tower Case ($74.98 @ Amazon)

Good airflow cases about the same size as your current ATX case.

As you can see, decent cases are no longer cheaper and you'd maybe need to add a couple of fans in some, the stock fans are good, but not enough of them.

Last edited:
Solution

RedNeckBack

Prominent
May 20, 2022
Okay i'll get one case fans
Actually prices are usually nearly as you said those. Sometimes it can be cheap or expensive because there is a difference in exchange rates and taxes. I can add 10-20 usd which means around 50 usd budget. The general prices are usually high, but if I can find a good discount, I can buy something. I will leave you the current price of some safes that I think might be nice, if they come down to a price that is close to my budget, I can get it. Please tell me which ones can buyable and which ones i should avoid. I'll consider the dimensions.

Phanteks Eclipse P300a Mesh $72
Phanteks Eclipse P400a $78 (it might be increase a little bit, and also it might be a little big)
Phanteks Eclipse P360a $78
Thermaltake Versa J24 $120 (it comes with 4 fan and TR2 650W PSU, btw my psu is CV550) It might be option if i save my money and selling my psu+case.
BitFenix Nova Mesh SE $67
Corsair iCUE 220T RGB Airflow $95
Fractal Design Meshify C $106
NZXT H510 Flow $110

And i wonder about how is good Zalman's budget cases like R2 / TG, S2 / TG, S4 Plus, N5MF
Zalman R2 $50 (1 fan)
Zalman S2 $58 (2 fan)
Zalman S2 TG $54 (3 fan)
Zalman S3 $55 (2 fan)
Zalman S3 TG $53 (3 fan)
Zalman S4 Plus $60 (3 fan)
Zalman N5MF $60 (4 fan)

Actually 55-60 usd seems high to those ones. Especially N5MF seems good and i can prefer if 5-10 dollars goes to a discount.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Zalman are more about looks than anything else. Not the highest quality and junky fans, but for many ppl on a budget without many other options, they do ok.

Yeah, prices are all over. Meshify is close, but the Phanteks 400a was over $100, the nzxt 510 flow is $25 cheaper here.