[SOLVED] Is Amd a6-9225 a good processor for gaming?

Apr 26, 2019
I want to buy a labtop with an Amd a6-9225, and i wanted to know whether it is a good cpu for gaming or not.

Solution
Disappoint....

Understatement.

Laptops/notebooks are primarily designed for Office applications like spreadsheets, excel, PowerPoint etc. And all that can be run on any decent smart cellphone. Average power use is less than 15w. 2-6 hours battery life

Gaming laptops are a whole different beast. 25w+ cpus, mobile graphics adapters, high ram/ram speeds, NVMe drives. Designed to break your wallet and average less than half an hour on battery. Unless used for dual purposes work/play, it's usually cheaper and better to use a standard pc with a standard monitor and full time psu with 80w+ cpu.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
That's a slow dual core notebook grade cpu, not intended for gaming in the slightest.
You want at least a 4 core/8thread, and 4.0ghz or higher cpu for gaming.
The laptops marketed for gaming are what you should be looking at. Unfortunately, gaming laptop and cheap do not mix.
Anything else will disappoint.

The Acer Nitor line are about the cheapest laptops available these days. For ones with a GTX1050ti they are around 600-700 USD

For the ones that are more powerful with GTX 1650 they will run around 800 USD.

As stated gaming laptops aren't cheap. And if you want to do any real gaming I would suggest a GTX1050ti minimum, many have GTX1050 (non ti) and although cheaper are not really good.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Disappoint....

Understatement.

Laptops/notebooks are primarily designed for Office applications like spreadsheets, excel, PowerPoint etc. And all that can be run on any decent smart cellphone. Average power use is less than 15w. 2-6 hours battery life

Gaming laptops are a whole different beast. 25w+ cpus, mobile graphics adapters, high ram/ram speeds, NVMe drives. Designed to break your wallet and average less than half an hour on battery. Unless used for dual purposes work/play, it's usually cheaper and better to use a standard pc with a standard monitor and full time psu with 80w+ cpu.

Solution