chibamarco

Reputable
Nov 9, 2017
The title says it all.

I am wondering if I should buy the:

ARCTIC AC Freezer 33 eSport Edition

or the:

Cooler Master MasterLiquid 120 Lite ?

There is an insignificant price difference between them, the ARCTIC one is just 5 bucks more.

I am planning to buy an 1600X and OC it an little bit.

Many thanks!

Solution
It would depend on what advantages of AIO vs air cooling that you want. Some prefer aesthetic looking AIO blocks over HSFs, or a less bulky solution, or noisy solution. Some AIOs give more cooling, and while they can arguably provide a bit of case airflow, it can be argued that the reduced airflow of a rad's fan vs a pure case fan is a problem. N.B. - not all AIOs cool better than all HSFs.

Consider what you want:

Cooling
Silence
Aesthetics
Space

One obvious downside to AIOs is the potential for leakage. It's a small risk, but one to bear in mind when choosing an AIO. (E.G. Are reviews favourable?)

A hyper 212 evo performs about the same and is a 30$ or lower cooler depending on the edition you get.

It would depend on what advantages of AIO vs air cooling that you want. Some prefer aesthetic looking AIO blocks over HSFs, or a less bulky solution, or noisy solution. Some AIOs give more cooling, and while they can arguably provide a bit of case airflow, it can be argued that the reduced airflow of a rad's fan vs a pure case fan is a problem. N.B. - not all AIOs cool better than all HSFs.

Consider what you want:

Cooling
Silence
Aesthetics
Space

One obvious downside to AIOs is the potential for leakage. It's a small risk, but one to bear in mind when choosing an AIO. (E.G. Are reviews favourable?)

Solution