Is an RTX 2080 compatible with H97 PRO4 ATX LGA1150

Solution

There should be no compatibility issues.

The final choice is yours, contingent on availability from your sources between the 1080ti and 2080. They're relatively close enough in performance you'd be happy with either one in normal graphics. The 1080ti is proven tech now, the 2080 is still new and probably could use hardware revisions to be more reliable, especially if its similarly laid out like the 2080ti. The 2080 will offer hardware ray-tracing abilities that can be used once more games are released that can use it.

There should be no compatibility issues.

The final choice is yours, contingent on availability from your sources between the 1080ti and 2080. They're relatively close enough in performance you'd be happy with either one in normal graphics. The 1080ti is proven tech now, the 2080 is still new and probably could use hardware revisions to be more reliable, especially if its similarly laid out like the 2080ti. The 2080 will offer hardware ray-tracing abilities that can be used once more games are released that can use it.

Solution

I don't think this generation and the premium for ray tracing is worth it, at least yet. A few generations from now, and an increase in titles that actually support ray-tracing may make it worth it then though.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Just wondering, you've got a great build for OC, yet went with a H97 mobo?

Personally I'd go with the 1080ti. The little performance differences aren't really worth the cost difference or even the looks. Once the AIB partners start really dropping designs, that might be different, but something that looks like an old R9 series XFX just doesn't do it for me.

Nov 1, 2018

sorry for the late reply. I went with this mobo as i started off with a i3 processor