Is any one else annoyed at the price of Intel's G2 SSDs?

one-shot

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
Is anyone else annoyed at the limited availability of Intel's G2 SSDs? I've wanted to purchase one, but the listed prices at most trusted websites is well above the MSRP. I guess I'll have to wait until after Windows 7 finally launches to see then.

Solution

p05esto

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
Still too new of technology... I'm waiting until my next system build in about 2 years (just built new in spring). Not only will SSD tech be cheaper, faster and larger capacity but it will be more reliable and mainstream in a couple years.

I waited until the intel G2 was reissued. With the $100 jump in price, my reaction was "NO WAY JACK" and bought the 128 Gig patriot Torqx. It's not the performace champ, but on the other hand I ended up with 120 gigs vs only 74 gigs (Intel's 80 Gig). This went into a laptop with no 2nd drive bay - So I'm Happy.

When the price comes down out of the clouds I will probably get one for the desktop. I will not contribute to an highly inflated price, which helps to maintain that price.

one-shot

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006

I am annoyed at the situation, therefore I have not bought it, it's that simple. Everyone likes a bargain, sure, but the MSRP is all I'm looking for. Your comment is unnecessary . I hope Intel can ramp up production to help lower prices.