Is cdkeys.com and g2a.com legit/safe?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan121813

Reputable
Aug 22, 2014
What's up guys? So I just built my gaming PC 2-3 weeks ago and I've had a lot of fun with it so far. Been playing a lot of DOTA 2, Smite and TF2 so far, but I know that I didn't build this PC for this. I bought it for those triple A title games. If I didn't, then I probably would have bought a GTX 750ti than a GTX 960. Anyways, I REALLLLY NEED NBA 2K16 in my life since I haven't bought a 2k since NBA 2k13 for the Xbox. I thought that since I have a PC, I can get any game I want for like half off, but it turns out when people say that, they talk about sites like G2A.com and cdkeys.com, not Steam and Origin. Yes Steam does give out sales on triple A titles constantly, but when it comes to a game like NBA 2k, which is basically the only game I want to spend money on, once it goes on sale on Steam, the next 2K game is probably going to be out in 2-3 months and no ones playing it anymore.

I want to know if buying off of sites like G2A.com and cdkeys.com is safe. I know what they are, they resell codes that they buy for cheap. I basically think of them as a eBay for keys. I'm not too worried about getting a false code because of the G2A shield and such, but what I'm really worried about is stuff like identity theft since it is one of those sites where the deals are tooo good. I'm a teen who doesn't have a job right now and my peeps are probably the ones that are going to buy it. I don't want to cause them any problem, especially if it's something as serious as identity theft. I'll just wait when it goes on sale on Black Friday, but I'm not even sure if Bestbuy includes PC versions of the games that they put on their ads since all I see are the XBOX and PS4 versions of the games.

Thomas_115

Commendable
May 13, 2016

You can purchase keys from the third party and can activate it into steam and origins. I have purchased battlefield 3 from g2a and activated it in origin. Works like a charm. :)

Didn't expect the tomsHardware Community Manager to say that. Buying from unauthorized sellers is worse than pirating the game.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/4pgtsv/lvlcap_talks_about_g2a_its_good_video/

Status
Not open for further replies.