[SOLVED] is Cooler Master MasterBox MB520 RGB Gaming Case enough for msi b450 tomahawk max atx

tsmyello

Commendable
Jun 5, 2020
is Cooler Master MasterBox MB520 RGB Gaming Case enough for msi b450 tomahawk max atx
rx 5700 xt
cooler master 650w
2TB hdd
480 SSD
case picture link : https://bit.ly/3gK8w1Q
if its not enough what is the best case I could take in this case price range

Last edited:
Solution
I use ryzen 5 3600
and yes stock cooler
so you mean this case should be good right!
"can I overclock this CPU with stock cooler

Yes to the case & yes (a little) to OC'ing the 3600 on the stock cooler. However, the 3600 is a great CPU to begin with and little need to OC other than to squeeze out the last few bit o' power. With a little luck in the silicon lottery, some users have been able to squeeze an extra 11% in performance over stock. If you do OC, take it slow and keep an eye on your temps. If you plan to keep an OC and run intensive applications, then I would caution you to think of a better cooler. While the stock cooler is good, you'll want something a little more beefier. Here's a video.

You'll want the fastest...

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
is Cooler Master MasterBox MB520 RGB Gaming Case enough for msi b450 tomahawk max atx
rx 5700 xt
cooler master 650w
2TB hdd
480 SSD
case picture link : https://bit.ly/3gK8w1Q
if its not enough what is the best case I could take in this case price range

Hi @ tsmyello

Here are the dimensions and specs for your case. It says it is a mid tower and supports up to an ATX sized mobo. The 5700 is a big(ish) card, but you should be OK as I have a tower similar in dimensions myself and my 5700 XT fits with plenty of room.

The Tomahawk Max is a great mobo. Good choice. What CPU are you putting in it? Stock cooler or....?

Update: - PCPartsPicker confirms that the mobo will fit in that particular case just fine

I use ryzen 5 3600
and yes stock cooler

Its a decent case, the preinstalled fans/cooling is decent too.

There's no point in overclocking a ryzen 3600, the auto boosting works better than manual overclocking.

The stock cooler will likely limit boost clock speeds, its also noisy under heavy load.

Most people tend to put an aftermarket cooler on it especially in warm climates.

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
I use ryzen 5 3600
and yes stock cooler

Yes to the case & yes (a little) to OC'ing the 3600 on the stock cooler. However, the 3600 is a great CPU to begin with and little need to OC other than to squeeze out the last few bit o' power. With a little luck in the silicon lottery, some users have been able to squeeze an extra 11% in performance over stock. If you do OC, take it slow and keep an eye on your temps. If you plan to keep an OC and run intensive applications, then I would caution you to think of a better cooler. While the stock cooler is good, you'll want something a little more beefier. Here's a video.

You'll want the fastest RAM you can afford as Ryzens love fast RAM , especially the 3k series so look at a minimum of DDR4-3200. Faster if you can afford it as the Tomahawk Max supports a staggering max DDR4-4133(OC) with A-XMP OC Mode enabled in the Bios. Keep in mind this is only with the 3k series CPU's. If you drop down to a 2k series, then the mac support OC drops down to a max DDR4-3466(OC)

Last edited:
Solution