Question Is corsair cv550 good enough for rtx2060?

rdhaval01

Prominent
Jul 29, 2020
Hello guys!

I am planning to buy 2060 graphics card.

My specs are as follows:
Processor- Ryzen 5 3600
Psu- corsair cv550
RAM- Corsair vengeance 16gb(8*2)3200 mhz
Motherboard- B450 tomahawk max
Hdd- 1tb
Ssd- 256 gb
RGB backlit keyboard
Redgear RGB mouse.

My question- I am planning to buy 2060 galax graphics card, so I was wondering whether I need to change my psu too or the corsair cv 550 is sufficient for the graphics card and other components combined. Any suggestions are highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

rdhaval01

Prominent
Jul 29, 2020
I will be able to buy cx range. But I was wondering if cv worked fine, I will be able to save some money on psu. As my cv550 is just a year old. I am from India.

AntonyLovric

Distinguished
Suppose if I use cv550 with the mentioned specs above, including the rtx 2060, what's the worst thing that could happen to my pc?

Usually the people in this forum based on experience / knowledge. The cheaper PSU might work, but might also not last as long, be louder / noisier and you might regret your decision. It's your decision to make but you came here and have been given some good advice.

BTW, this has been asked before:
corsair cx vs vs series | Tom's Hardware Forum (tomshardware.com)

rdhaval01

Prominent
Jul 29, 2020
Thank you for the reply. But my concern is different. I do understand now that cx is better than cv. My concern is that if use cv psu with rtx 2060, will it affect graphics card and other components too or is it just the psu that might get faulty? Actually I am afraid and the question is that if I use cv550 with the above mentioned specs, what are the chances that my other components apart from psu could get faulty? I hope I made my question clear this time. Thank you in advance.

Hello guys!

I am planning to buy 2060 graphics card.

My specs are as follows:
Processor- Ryzen 5 3600
Psu- corsair cv550
RAM- Corsair vengeance 16gb(8*2)3200 mhz
Motherboard- B450 tomahawk max
Hdd- 1tb
Ssd- 256 gb
RGB backlit keyboard
Redgear RGB mouse.

My question- I am planning to buy 2060 galax graphics card, so I was wondering whether I need to change my psu too or the corsair cv 550 is sufficient for the graphics card and other components combined. Any suggestions are highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

If you already have the PSU and it's already working, I wouldn't expect any surprises.