Question Is dell s2721dgf supposed to have heavy ghosting/distortion?

mikejezz

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2011
Hello, its me again.

I have used this monitor for like half a year now.

The picture has always looked crisp and clear, but I started to notice heavy ghosting and now I can't unsee it.

The picture gets very pixelated /distorted when bright and dark colors meet on the image, and it's pretty heavy and could look like ghosting.

Tried reinstall drivers ddu reset monitor update monitor drivers etc but nothing helps.

If there's too much bright and dark colors that meets each other it gets smeared out and kinds look like a streaming video that gets pixelated.

It only occurs heavily on the colors.

In csgo it happens a lot on de dust map.
View: https://youtu.be/i-2lqk4eYbY

Dark colors stutter down the corridor and gets smeared out or getting static noise around areas like this.

Orig clip for comparison

View: https://youtu.be/KNJGmIcn8UY

Csgo is bar far one of the heavy victims of this. I don't get this at all in Diablo 3. However, I can get a minor feeling of screen tearing of some sort, though it feels minor.

With warframe it seems to be noticeable only on the spaceship and a tiny bit on a specific area.

It is also very minor noticeable in smite, but not as annoying.

I also notice it in doom, like how it's kinda hanging image of the structure in the middle

View: https://youtu.be/JNL1zwEj230

I don't seem to have this issue at all in new world.

I don't know if I have a faulty display, or it is some setting I need to change.

I'm running g sync on v sync in nvcp and tried any OD setting. Graphic drivers up to date etc. I don't really know what else I could change or if the display simply is faulty. Weird thing is it only happens in some games.

I noticed is I lower the details a little in CSGO the graphic error isnt that bad, but if I watch my previous video it still has the problem, making me think its the monitor, and not my GPU.

I talked to Dell, and they said it doesnt sound like a monitor problem, but a hardware problem, which I agree on. But I tried the computer on my GFs computer and the same problem persists there.

Edit: My hardware is:

CPU: Intel Core i7-9700KF <4,9GHz 8-Core CPU
Motherboard: MB1151 Asus Z390-P Prime ATX
Ram: DDR4-3000 Corsair 16GB Vengeance XMP RAM
SSD/HDD: SSD Samsung 970 EVO+ 1000GB NVMe M.2 SSD
GPU: Asus Geforce RTX 2070S 8GB ROG Strix
PSU: PSU Corsair TX750M 750W 80+ Gold
Chassis:
Monitor: Dell S2721DGFA

OS version 21H1 (19043.1288)
I updated to the newst BIOS on my MB b (cant recall name, but I did it yesterday). Nvidia driver 496.49

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

As for your platform, can you please check and see what your OS version(not edition) is if you're on Windows 10? What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? For the sake of relevance, include Nvidia control panel's driver version. you could likewise hook the panel up to a donor system with similar specs to see if the issue is also present on donor system.

mikejezz

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2011
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

As for your platform, can you please check and see what your OS version(not edition) is if you're on Windows 10? What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? For the sake of relevance, include Nvidia control panel's driver version. you could likewise hook the panel up to a donor system with similar specs to see if the issue is also present on donor system.

Thanks, sorry about that. I have updated the post, hopefully with all neccesary information.

TRENDING THREADS