Is G.SKILL 64GB (4 x 16GB) Ripjaws V Series compatible with my AsRcock x99 Extreme4?

jsgm87

Honorable
May 11, 2016
Solution
Should be yes, check GSkill's site to see if they have tested on your mobo, if it shows then it is, if they haven't gotten to it, send an email to the Rock and see if they have. Not all the manufaturers have their BIOS up to date for the newer 16GB stick sets yet

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Should be yes, check GSkill's site to see if they have tested on your mobo, if it shows then it is, if they haven't gotten to it, send an email to the Rock and see if they have. Not all the manufaturers have their BIOS up to date for the newer 16GB stick sets yet

Solution

jsgm87

Honorable
May 11, 2016

Thank you Tradesman for your answer. I visited G.Skill's site and looked for F4-2400C15Q-64GVR model but I don't see any x99 on the QVL. I will send an email to AsRock support and ask them about this kit. By the way, I was looking at the x99 Extreme4 memory support list (http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/X99%20Extreme4/?cat=Memory) and noted that there's a header called "Quad Channel" and some models have a "v" while others have "4pcs". I don't really know what all this means. Would you please shed some light on it? I'm not building a PC for gaming but for 3d modeling and rendering. Thanks.

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Believe the V means verified, 4 pcs may indicate that they tested with 4 sticks maybe 2 sets of 2 or only 4 sticks of an 8 stick set....not positive, I seldom look at QVLs, all they are is a sampling of sets of DRAM, the OC column I believe indicates they actually tested at the spec data rate (i.e. OCed above the base 2133 - which is a good thing, a few years back the mobo makers simply stuck the sticks in a board and if it booted they went on the list, i.e. an 1155 mobo, if 2666 DRAM booted, then on the list - no indication given that you could hardly find any say 3770K CPUs that could carry 2666 - so you could buy very expensive DRAM - it wouldn't run at 2666, contact them and they might even tell you that there nothing saying the DRAM will ACTUALLY RUN at 2666, just that it will boot to the 1333 default and run