Is g sync neccessary with nvidia graphics card?

Jul 29, 2018
This is my specs:

My pc specs:
Proccesor: i7-8700k
Motherboard: msi z370
Gpu: asus strix geforce 1070ti
Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance
Ssd:860 evo 500gb
Hd: 2tb firecuda
Cooler: 360mm thermaltake aio
Fans: 6 thermaltake 120mm
Power supply: 620w seasonic
Thanks guys

Just wondering if G sync really needs to be run with a nvidia graphics card

Solution

I have Freesync (and a 144hz monitor), I find myself turning it off, It doesn't seem to help and in most cases just seems to limit framerate.
No it's hardly noticeable above 100fps when using a 144hz monitor. So if you have fast rig, you'll never know the difference. If you have a mid-range rig, then vertical syncing is more noticeable. That's why FREESYNC from AMD makes more sense because it'll cater to people with mid-range machines. However, when 4k gaming right now, frame rates are pretty low, in which case Gsync will help give the smoothest gameplay.

Jul 29, 2018

Thanks for the reply but of my main question I guess would be as I have and a video graphics card so would G sync be more beneficial to me I got a cheap or free sync monitor thanks

Right off the bat, freesync does NOT work with nvidia GPUs, only with AMD graphics cards. As for how beneficial it is, umm, that's a personal preference. If you don't mind some tearing or some stutter (depending on if you use V sync or not), then don't buy G sync. Or if your a very competitive racer/FPS definitely don't buy g sync as g sync adds a little bit of input lag.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

I have Freesync (and a 144hz monitor), I find myself turning it off, It doesn't seem to help and in most cases just seems to limit framerate.

Solution