Is Google Working on an Androidbook Too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clifftam

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2012
My previous supervisor and I had a long discussion about this. It is interesting when Microsoft tries to put their own browser, IE, as part of Windows, there's a lot of fuss in EU.

Now, Google is doing the same thing except they built the browser first (Chrome) and then built the OS (Android) around it.

Google's main interest is to have everyone to access the Internet (more ads revenue!) and so you built a computer where everything runs off a browser (primarily).

[citation][nom]dalethepcman[/nom]You smell that? That was Steve Ballmer crapping himself.[/citation]

I'm not so sure. I'm all for Ballmer bashing, but keep in mind that Microsoft is already behind in the mobile/mainstream usage sector, and is desperately trying to play catch-up with Win8. meanwhile, the enterprise sector will always change slowly and I doubt an android ultrabook is going to sway that decision one way or the other

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
i for one accept and welcome google to own make x86 OS and compete with m$ i am on windows 7 now but windows 8 is annoying i want to flat boot into windows not their metro ui. I want to leave m$ behind and just do linux but gaming without dx is not easy so for now i am handcuffed to it. maybe google can push open gl or something new to allow us to be unchained from m$

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]vmem[/nom]I'm not so sure. I'm all for Ballmer bashing, but keep in mind that Microsoft is already behind in the mobile/mainstream usage sector, and is desperately trying to play catch-up with Win8. meanwhile, the enterprise sector will always change slowly and I doubt an android ultrabook is going to sway that decision one way or the other[/citation]
I don't think that ultrabooks are really enterprise equipment.

Djhg2000

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
[citation][nom]g00fysmiley[/nom]I want to leave m$ behind and just do linux but gaming without dx is not easy so for now i am handcuffed to it. maybe google can push open gl or something new to allow us to be unchained from m$[/citation]

Steam is the company you're looking for. They're pushing hard for Linux nowadays and have managed to bring several good games over to Linux along with theirs, including Serious Sam 3 and Euro Truck Simulator 2 (the latter scheduled for release very soon).

Status
Not open for further replies.