Question Is GPU hotspot thermal throttling affecting FPS ?

Mar 25, 2023
Hello everyone I’m having an issue with my 2080ti strix 11gb currently on a ekwb water block. I’m having low frames in games like siege and csgo. Is it possible my gpu is thermal throttling? My gpu temp only goes to 61-60 and sits there my gpu hotspot goes up to 109 degrees. When I’m also playing demanding games like mw2 rust my pc just cuts to black and I have to force restart any recommendations?

To determine if it is thermal throttling, open up HWiNFO, HWMonitor, or GPU-z and look for the Performance Limiter (or PerfCap Reason in GPU-z). If it's thermal, then yes.

Otherwise, what thermal paste did you use for the GPU? Which thermal pads did you use on the memory modules? Did you do anything for the VRM?

Mar 25, 2023
To determine if it is thermal throttling, open up HWiNFO, HWMonitor, or GPU-z and look for the Performance Limiter (or PerfCap Reason in GPU-z). If it's thermal, then yes.

Otherwise, what thermal paste did you use for the GPU? Which thermal pads did you use on the memory modules? Did you do anything for the VRM?
The perf cap reason never changes it just stays idle and flashes to something I can’t read and just stays at idle I don’t know what thermal paste was used

The perf cap reason never changes it just stays idle and flashes to something I can’t read and just stays at idle I don’t know what thermal paste was used
You can hover over the blip on the graph and it'll tell you the PerfCap reason. Alternatively using the other tools I mentioned will have a "yes" change in one of the columns (I believe the maximum value) if any one of them occurs.

And the thermal paste is important because some thermal pastes should not be used for direct die cooling.

Mar 25, 2023
You can hover over the blip on the graph and it'll tell you the PerfCap reason. Alternatively using the other tools I mentioned will have a "yes" change in one of the columns (I believe the maximum value) if any one of them occurs.

And the thermal paste is important because some thermal pastes should not be used for direct die cooling.
im going to take it apart tomrrow anything i should look for? i bought thermal grizzly thermal paste i will also take pictures of PCB and thermal pads and everything