IS GTX 750 TI compatible with my Motherboard

Solution

The ASUS GTX 750 TI -OC-2gd5 most definatly reguires the 6 pin connector i just looked it up. The slot is right on the top of the gpu. It supplys extra power that the gpu need to work.

InviNations

Reputable
Dec 26, 2014

well i can't manage to install it... my screen remains black.

Visit the thread that i made earlier here with all the details :http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-2444631/msi-gtx-750-display-problem.html

InviNations

Reputable
Dec 26, 2014

No, as they said is that it does not require it...

Maybe i am wrong.. and i do not know the exact name of the connector...
WHat does is do beside plugging it in ?

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador

The ASUS GTX 750 TI -OC-2gd5 most definatly reguires the 6 pin connector i just looked it up. The slot is right on the top of the gpu. It supplys extra power that the gpu need to work.

Solution

InviNations

Reputable
Dec 26, 2014

Yes, i know what it is but where can i buy the Cable with the right in/output for mt MOBO

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador

Your power supply doesn't already have one? What power supply do you have?

InviNations

Reputable
Dec 26, 2014

I have the Advance ATX 5014.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador

Yah i think your going to need a new power supply that is a very basic power supply it doesnt have the connector you need.

InviNations

Reputable
Dec 26, 2014

i have a 450 Watt....

The cable that i need to connect is from the Graphics card to MOBO not to GC to PS

What makes the difference between the PS that i have now and a newer one?

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador

What? You plug the graphics card into the motherboards pci x16 slot then you need another cable that goes from the power supply into that plug on the top of the gpu to give it the power it needs. Your power supply may be 450watts which is enough for the 750 ti but it does not have the cable that goes from the power supply to the top of the gpu and you cant give the gpu the power it needs without that cable and your power supply does not have it so you need to get one that does have that cable its called a pci-e express cable.

InviNations

Reputable
Dec 26, 2014

I have 2 Molex male connectors left on my PSU.
So is it possible with an adapter cable from 2 molex to 1 PCIE 6 connector?

InviNations

Reputable
Dec 26, 2014

ok Thanks for now, i will buy one and i will keep you up to date!