[SOLVED] Is higher DPI mouse better for gaming or lower ?

Jul 29, 2020
I wanna buy mouse for my fav game pubg but I can't understand this DPI thing in mouse which DIP IS better for gaming ?

Solution
I wanna buy mouse for my fav game pubg but I can't understand this DPI thing in mouse which DIP IS better for gaming ?

The DPI in a mouse stands for dots pe inch.

When you increase the DPI you'll have a higher sensitivity(more dots), meaning that on screen your cursor will move more for less physical mouse movement.

A lower DPI value will result in less sensitivity(less dots), so you'll need to physically move your mouse more for the same cursor movement(compared to the case of a higher DPI).

Now, more DPI does not necessarily mean a mouse is better.... just that it can go to a higher sensitivity. Some have 16000 DPI, but this value can be adjusted from let's say 400 to 16000. So, even a mouse with a high DPI value can...

When you increase the DPI you'll have a higher sensitivity(more dots), meaning that on screen your cursor will move more for less physical mouse movement.

A lower DPI value will result in less sensitivity(less dots), so you'll need to physically move your mouse more for the same cursor movement(compared to the case of a higher DPI).

Now, more DPI does not necessarily mean a mouse is better.... just that it can go to a higher sensitivity. Some have 16000 DPI, but this value can be adjusted from let's say 400 to 16000. So, even a mouse with a high DPI value can be adjusted to your liking.

I don't think anyone uses 16000 DPI, because that results in your cursor going across the whole screen for really minor mouse movement on a standard sized monitor. Those really high DPI values are made for insanely huge displays.

On your mouse choice, you shouldn't be necessarily looking at those DPI values, but the precision and accuracy of the sensor. For a game that involves aiming, like PUBG, you'll play with a lower sensitivity and/or DPI(I'm assuming you won't go past 1200 DPI).

So, before buying your mouse also take a look at what sensor that mouse is using and how it stacks compared to others... a really high DPI value won't matter that much, as it won't be usable in a real gaming scenario.

Reactions: Ajit nohara
Solution
Jul 29, 2020

Now, more DPI does not necessarily mean a mouse is better.... just that it can go to a higher sensitivity. Some have 16000 DPI, but this value can be adjusted from let's say 400 to 16000. So, even a mouse with a high DPI value can be adjusted to your liking.

I don't think anyone uses 16000 DPI, because that results in your cursor going across the whole screen for really minor mouse movement on a standard sized monitor. Those really high DPI values are made for insanely huge displays.

On your mouse choice, you shouldn't be necessarily looking at those DPI values, but the precision and accuracy of the sensor. For a game that involves aiming, like PUBG, you'll play with a lower sensitivity and/or DPI(I'm assuming you won't go past 1200 DPI).

So, before buying your mouse also take a look at what sensor that mouse is using and how it stacks compared to others... a really high DPI value won't matter that much, as it won't be usable in a real gaming scenario.
Understood.