[SOLVED] Is i3 12100 stock cooler enough for gaming

autoblogart

Honorable
Apr 18, 2018
What do you think of the i3 12100 stock cooler ?
Will it be enough for gaming ?

Be advised that my cpu will be almost at 100% all the times I will have something running in background but anyway

The temps of i3 12100 stock cooler at full load I searched and found it reaching 80c
What do you think ?

Be advised that my cpu will be almost at 100% all the times I will have something running in background but anyway

The temps of i3 12100 stock cooler at full load I searched and found it reaching 80c
What do you think ?
I think it will be ok , you can always crank up the fan for lower temperatures, it just depends how concerned about noise you are.

What do you think ?
If it reaches 80 under benchmarking workloads then it will be much cooler under normal gaming+whatever else you do.
Just make sure your mobo doesn't apply crazy "overclocking" settings, most mobos push way too much watt/vcore into the cpu.

autoblogart

Honorable
Apr 18, 2018
For an i3, the cooler is sufficient. It may get loud, but it will get the job done.

Even tho it reaches 80c ? This temp is not a problem ?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
80°C is 20°C lower than the thermal threshold where the cpu decides its too hot and throttles back on the boosts. General operating range is @ 50°C to 100°C and you be pushing the cpu to its limits just to get 80°C.

You aren't even close to damaging temps. As for lifespan, that really doesn't matter. There's plenty of ppl with cpus that are over 30 years old and still work. Your cpu will be as obsolete as those even if you lost half its lifespan.

You worry over stuff that's not something to worry about.

Reactions: KyaraM

autoblogart

Honorable
Apr 18, 2018
80°C is 20°C lower than the thermal threshold where the cpu decides its too hot and throttles back on the boosts. General operating range is @ 50°C to 100°C and you be pushing the cpu to its limits just to get 80°C.

You aren't even close to damaging temps. As for lifespan, that really doesn't matter. There's plenty of ppl with cpus that are over 30 years old and still work. Your cpu will be as obsolete as those even if you lost half its lifespan.

You worry over stuff that's not something to worry about.
It's not worrying matter . I did read that before that temps over 80c are not good and you have to start worrying and I wanted to make sure here. No more

Thanx for reply