[SOLVED] Is i5 4570 bottlenecking RX570?

Nov 13, 2020
Old card: MSI GTX770 2GB New Card: RX570 Nitro 4GB
i5 4570
8GB ram
st xfx 500w

So i had this problem mostly in fortnite (kinda in lol,cs) called stuttering. I've dont everything is system i can possibly do. I went to it service and they told me they swaped GTX770 to GTX1060 6gb and stuttering in fortnite was gone. I trusted him and get RX570 nitro 4gb but stuttering is still here. Also i noticed that in old setup i had 300 fps in cs benchmark, after installing rx570 i had 308 fps so only 8 fps diffrence? Is that a bottleneck for both cards or problem with stuttering lays somewhere else? About half year ago everything worked fine with gtx770. Please help :(

Solution
Try heavier games with one and another card, and you should see difference. On light gaming what you described, there should be no big difference, or no difference at all...

Try clean, reapply thermals and test your whole pc. Update bios, reinstall windows, if you don't do it before.

Lutfij

Titan
For a processor of that age, I wouldn't drop anymore money on the GPU. Also, you should keep in mind that the RX570 when populating a system's PCIe slot, will need 500W of power from the unit. On that note, how old is your PSU? The GTX1060 is a more power efficient card when compared to the RX570.

DSzymborski

Titan
Old card: MSI GTX770 2GB New Card: RX570 Nitro 4GB
i5 4570
8GB ram
st xfx 500w

So i had this problem mostly in fortnite (kinda in lol,cs) called stuttering. I've dont everything is system i can possibly do. I went to it service and they told me they swaped GTX770 to GTX1060 6gb and stuttering in fortnite was gone. I trusted him and get RX570 nitro 4gb but stuttering is still here. Also i noticed that in old setup i had 300 fps in cs benchmark, after installing rx570 i had 308 fps so only 8 fps diffrence? Is that a bottleneck for both cards or problem with stuttering lays somewhere else? About half year ago everything worked fine with gtx770. Please help :(

Is this a stuttering problem or an FPS problem? Your explanation has left me unsure what exactly the problem is. Stuttering isn't caused by bottlenecks. And no, you wouldn't have much FPS improvement going from a GTX 770 to an RX 570 because that's only a very slight gain.

Nov 13, 2020
For a processor of that age, I wouldn't drop anymore money on the GPU. Also, you should keep in mind that the RX570 when populating a system's PCIe slot, will need 500W of power from the unit. On that note, how old is your PSU? The GTX1060 is a more power efficient card when compared to the RX570.
5 years? maybe more but helf year ago everything worked fine...

Is this a stuttering problem or an FPS problem? Your explanation has left me unsure what exactly the problem is. Stuttering isn't caused by bottlenecks. And no, you wouldn't have much FPS improvement going from a GTX 770 to an RX 570 because that's only a very slight gain.
Its stuttering problem but i also asked if that diffrence of 8 fps between gtx770 and rx570 is normal...

Is your RAM 2x4gb or 1x8gb? 8Gb is not much these days and if it’s single channel I would expect stuttering.
2x4gb

Blitz Blitz

Distinguished
May 18, 2015
Try heavier games with one and another card, and you should see difference. On light gaming what you described, there should be no big difference, or no difference at all...

Try clean, reapply thermals and test your whole pc. Update bios, reinstall windows, if you don't do it before.

Solution