Is Intel core i5 7400 compatible with asus H-110m-cs?

Pratyay67

Honorable
Aug 27, 2014
Within my limited knowledge, I do know that the i5 7400 is an LGA1151 socket processor and the mobo is an LGA1151 one.

Apart from that will they run into compatibility issues?

If yes, then can you suggest me some options for motherboards at the same price range the H110m comes?

Lutfij

Titan
The processor you have is a Kabylake processor part. The board however was launched when the Skylake processors were the fad. If you want to pair that processor with that board, you're going to have the latest BIOS update on that board before you can drop the Kabylake processor onto it. Meaning it'll need a Skylake processor to update the BIOS before you pop the i507400 in, unless ofc, it comes shipped with the latest BIOS update.

Where are you located, what is your preferred site for purchase and how much are you willing to spend?

Wolfshadw

Titan
Most motherboard manufacturers provide what called a CPU Support List on their support pages for motherboards. the CPU Support List for the ASUS H110M-CS motherboard does show the Intel Core I5-7400 is supported, but only after a BIOS update to version 3016.

You will need to update the BIOS of this motherboard using a natively supported CPU, before attempting to install the Intel Core I5-7400 processor.

-Wolf sends

Pratyay67

Honorable
Aug 27, 2014

I'm located in India and my choice for the purchase site would be amazon.in

Given the price of the H110m-cs, let's say I can spend $60 or about 4200 INR on the mobo.

Pratyay67

Honorable
Aug 27, 2014
Well, given that I haven't yet purchased anything, let me elaborate on the scenario and requirements.

I have an old compaq presario running on a core 2 duo and 3 gigs of RAM ( 2 gig stick just died so I'm left with 1). I do most of my work on my laptop (running an i5 6200u, 8 gigs of memory and 2 gigs of gpu (a raedon one, I forgot the part number)) and it somehow serves my purpose well. My works include photo and video editing and CAD. Some light gaming wouldn't hurt as well.

I have the case, the monitor, the PSU and other peripherals. The parts I have to spend on are the processor, some more memory, a gpu and an SSD. My budget is 20-25k INR, which is about 300-350 USD. You can suggest the best deal I can get at this price.