IS intel hd graphics 4600 able to play latest games

Status
Not open for further replies.

taha2001

Honorable
Jan 6, 2014
is intel graphics 4600 be able to play skyrim, battlefield 4, call of duty, crysis 3, assassin's creed 3 and 4 and if yes at how much fps..is it able to play at maxed or high or should i buy graphics card seperately

Solution
the intel graphics series are the chips within a cpu that are dedicated to graphics processing. they are very weak, and will not allow you to play modern games from the past 10 years. to play the games you are mentioning, you will need a dedicated video card. this means either a nVidia GeForce or a Radeon HD or R9. which card is right for you depends on the rest of your system, what type of monitor you have, and your expectations of price vs. performance. keep in mind that the more you spend on a video card, the less value for money you are getting. i.e. you could spend $200 and get 30fps, spend $400 and get 50fps, or spend $600 and get 60fps.

sancco

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009
the intel graphics series are the chips within a cpu that are dedicated to graphics processing. they are very weak, and will not allow you to play modern games from the past 10 years. to play the games you are mentioning, you will need a dedicated video card. this means either a nVidia GeForce or a Radeon HD or R9. which card is right for you depends on the rest of your system, what type of monitor you have, and your expectations of price vs. performance. keep in mind that the more you spend on a video card, the less value for money you are getting. i.e. you could spend $200 and get 30fps, spend $400 and get 50fps, or spend $600 and get 60fps.

Solution

sancco

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009

source?

Intel 4600 benchmarks

not a single game I checked had more than 20 frames per second, even on the lowest resolution. completely unplayable. the inbuilt graphics chip on the intel is for mobile and browser based games. any games sold on a store shelf are unlikely to be playable on it.

whitecat

Honorable

this benchmarks are made with x4 Antialiasing . Btw , i didn say that the processor itself has a great 3D ability. But for many people this would be enough .

sancco

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009

Well spotted, I didn't notice the anti-aliasing. Even with it off though, it would still probably be insufficient for the op's mentioned games - Crysis 3, BF4, Skyrim, AC3.

whitecat

Honorable

battlefield-1.png

sancco

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009

well played whitecat, well played...

Status
Not open for further replies.