[SOLVED] Is it ANY good? LC8650III V2.3 Ozeanos 3 - Metatron Gaming Series

Feb 12, 2019
LC8650III V2.3 Ozeanos 3 - Metatron Gaming Series -> Does anyone actually have experience with these PSU and how bad (or maybe even good) they get? I have it for about a year and it worked ok with AMD Ryzen 1700, 1x16GB Hyperx Perdator 3000, ASUS RX550 4GB and two drives - M.2 KC100 and Crucial MX 500. Now I got RX590 Nitro SE and I'm not sure should I test it and see if it will run OK or should go look for another PSU. I know there's a lot of heat for LC-POWER but some of people I know tested them and they seem pretty fine but I'm still not sure about RX 590 to be tested on this PSU. I looked a lot and found that previous PSU LC8650II (notice II instead of mine III) is built by Andyson which is again poorly rated brand but for this one I see no OEM listed anywhere. The 12V is rated at 48A which is kind of bad for 650W when I look at those forums and lists which are mainly focused on gaming but I don't trust them fully on this as they get too critic about some stuff.

So I already got this and "don't buy that" will not help just a good description about PSU and what can I expect with new graphics.

Solution
LC power doesn't make good power supplies as you have found out , by noticing that unit is more or less a 550w spec wise. As for running the power hungry 590 , it should be able to , but you won't know how well till you try it.
Feb 12, 2019
LC power doesn't make good power supplies as you have found out , by noticing that unit is more or less a 550w spec wise. As for running the power hungry 590 , it should be able to , but you won't know how well till you try it.
Thanks a lot. Main problem was that people look at the first part LC-Power and assume it will burn down my house :D

Feb 12, 2019
It's not that low in quality and spec wise it should run the 590.
If you try it out and then have issues , then look for an upgrade.
Burning houses down is a stretch!
Did try it, it runs OK but graphics produces weird sound very low but I had my case open and was afraid something will happen. But I ran furmark for 15min it was stable and fans don't turn on until 60 degrees C. When it gets a bit of load I can only hear fans and I think the weird sound disappears. If case is closed I need to run Witcher 3 on ultra to hear fans :D. Anyway I probably should replace PSU as soon as I get enough money because weird sounds freaks me out of damaging other components

Reactions: Banned by Net