[SOLVED] Is it better to upgrade CPU or GPU first for streaming?

Oct 8, 2020
I currently have an i5-4590 as my CPU and a GT630 4GB as my GPU. Should I upgrade my CPU first to a let's say i7-4790 (non k) or my GPU to a let's say RX570 4GB?

My PC doesn't support Ryzen CPUs by the way. Mobo model is B85M Gaming.

PSU: Corsair CX600M

If you have better options for CPU or GPU to upgrade to will be highly appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:
Solution
Both are important for streaming, 6 cores processor is needed for better streaming above 720p.
With current processor streaming will be better in 720p.
By the way, right now your CPU is good for 720p streaming but your GPU is right now weak, so upgrading GPU is good to go.
RX570 4GB is far better than GT630, but if you have a high budget then go for the greater GPU.

ak195

Distinguished
Both are important for streaming, 6 cores processor is needed for better streaming above 720p.
By the way, right now your CPU is good for 720p streaming but your GPU is right now weak, so upgrading GPU is good to go.
RX570 4GB is far better than GT630, but if you have a high budget then go for the greater GPU.

Solution
Oct 8, 2020

Is there any other GPU you can recommend under the price range of the RX570? GPU just died sadly.

Oct 8, 2020
Below RX 570, you really get killed in bang for the buck; you'll only pay very slightly less but lose a massive amount of performance.

Also, the exact brand and model of power supply is very important information for any recommendation of this type.

I think people here sell RX570 for a high price. The price I see goes by around 125 USD on average at 4GB variant.

Oh let me add that to the main post. It's Corsair CX600M.