is it dangerous to create a new res

Jan 20, 2019
I have an monitor which is 1920x1080 and have a I7 6700 CPU with AMD Radeon R7 200 Series (I know its really bad for I7) and I want to create a new res like 1080x1080 for fortnite is it dangerous for my CPU or graphics card or maybe for my monitor I am thinking that will be because when I try to create a new res driver calls something like a warning , like if you do that you might have some issues about your computer about your CPU

The warning is for two reasons.

1. If you set the display into a resolution the monitor cannot display, then you have no way to change it back (since you can't see the display anymore). This is why Windows gives you 15 seconds to click that the new resolution is acceptable. If you fail to click, it automatically reverts back to the previous resolution.

2. The old CRT monitors used electromagnets to sweep an electron beam across the screen at a certain rate. A too-high resolution (corresponding to a faster sweep speed) could destroy the circuitry driving the electromagnets, permanently damaging or destroying the monitor. It shouldn't be a problem with LCD/LED monitors and especially monitors accepting digital input (as opposed to VGA input).

Jan 20, 2019

yea about first thing If i cant click in 15 second it autimatically reverts you said and if its like that it isnt a problem I think about second thing my monitor isnt that old its a samsung I bought it before 2 years and its lcd and I am not going to use a higher resolution I am going to use 1080x1080