Question Is it my GPU or the Display

Jackedd

Reputable
Nov 17, 2020
Hi guys,

So i have a pretty unusual problem i would say,
I have a new PC, 3600x, 5700xt gigabyte 3x OC, b550 aorus elite, ssd's, everything high quality and made to work smoothly.
My display is a LED Dell S2719DGF 27 Inch QHD(155Hz).
I finished the build 2 days ago, and i ran ,ONLY, LOL as a game before this happened, so when i play lol my display starts flickering, it goes black than after 1-2s comes back,
after i finished the game i said, lets try a tft game, same thing happened 1 TIME, second time when it went black, it never came back to normal, it start flickering constantly without showing anything on screen, so i said that's it, it broke, i pressed Alt+Tab and went out of the game
my display came back and didnt flickered again.
NOTE: That it only flickers in game's related to Riot so far, i tried another game and it didnt happened, i might try another games to see if the problem comes from GPU, but i ran FurMark for like 5-10 mins, i didn't ran it for more cause at 1 min FurMark already stresses
the GPU more than LOL, and it never flickered, no strange sound came from case, everything went smooth.
So my question is, why is my display flickering sometimes "black screen" and other times "some thick lines connected like "fleas on a screen that has not that cable plug in for image", but only in LOL or Tft.
Edit: The flickering happened once 2-3 min, 5-10 mins, it never flickered constantly before tft BIG flickering problem, i even played a whole game where it never flickered once.
And 1 more thing, all that my new PC did in these 2 days were 5 games of LOL, 2 games of tft, 5 mins in game that doesnt stress anything, some hours on yt, and 1-2 hours browsing.

Thank you!

Last edited:

Jackedd

Reputable
Nov 17, 2020
Everything is working just fine, i even played games that uses more resources, like Warzone for like 2-3 hours straight and i had no problems, then i played 1 game of LOL and still no problems.
Today i played again 1 game of LOL and had no problems, then i played another one and it started flickering once every 2-3 mins but like "some thick lines connected like "fleas on a screen that has not that cable plug in for image" , so i dont know why is this happening ONLY in Riot games....to me its insane, cant think of anything that is not up to date or that is causing this.