Question Is it necessary to format disk?

Nov 27, 2019
Hi ive got problem with fans in my last year purchased laptop.Asus ROG Strix GL503
http://www.mediafire.com/file/wy37z69vohhcq9r/REC002.WAV/file
They make this loud noise when render my 3D work in blender. i know laptops are prone to vent blockage and start overheating but this never happend on my old laptop Samsung RV510.

In fact ive called serviceman and he told me he can fix that but olso he must format harddrive,
So im asking here Is it necessary to format disk? to fix that problem? ive saw some videos on youtube how deal with that problem and its only cleaning laptop fans while hard drive are untouched in that case

I told this to seriviceman, but he don't listen to me, and he still wanna format my hard drive.
Even i ageee to format hard drive i don't wanna pay extra to archive my data.

Hi ive got problem with fans in my last year purchased laptop.Asus ROG Strix GL503
They make this loud noise when render my 3D work in blender. i know laptops are prone to vent blockage and start overheating but this never happend on my old laptop Samsung RV510.

In fact ive called serviceman and he told me he can fix that but olso he must format harddrive,
So im asking here Is it necessary to format disk? to fix that problem? ive saw some videos on youtube how deal with that problem and its only cleaning laptop fans while hard drive are untouched in that case

I told this to seriviceman, but he don't listen to me, and he still wanna format my hard drive.
No need to format disk unless he thinks it's because of faulty OS or software but even that is fixable without formatting drive.

Technician probably just wants to check fan performance in high load scenario.
If he doesn't have admin password, then he can't check. Easier for him is to format/reinstall and perform his checks
than ask for password and later being accused for stealing personal data.

shivababbli

Distinguished

It still won't help... While using the blender your CPU and GPU runs at the full capacity... That's the only reason.... It needs a good airflow.....

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
I would find a different PC service to use. There absolutely no reason anyone would require to format a drive simply to troubleshoot or repair something that is related to other hardware or in this instance, the cooling solution.

If the PC service person is inept, they may be using the 'format and reinstall' method as a way to get out of troubleshooting actual issues if they are software or OS related, but this still is not a viable method, especially if you will be present when they are looking at the machine.

If there is an issue of data theft, I would be more apt to format the drive before allowing them to service it, but not as a requirement for THEM to format in order to service.