[SOLVED] is it normal for AMD 3600 at 60C idle and 90C when playing cs go?

Xavonium

Reputable
Jun 25, 2017
I use the stock cooler and I check with AMD ryzen master. when im idle I check its 49-60C and when i play games like cs go it reaches from 80-95C. Is this normal?
I think I did something wrong when installing the cpu fan. When I install it I didn't know the thermal paste is THAT sticky so I just yank it out because I was putting it in the wrong angle. It leaves a little bit on the cpu and I go on as normal, is that the issue? am I doomed?

Solution
can I take off my cpu cooler and then re attach it without having to change my thermal paste? I can't buy another cpu cooler since im on budget
If you still have enough thermal paste, that's fine. Thermal paste is cheap so it's worth checking if that's the issue.
I use the stock cooler and I check with AMD ryzen master. when im idle I check its 49-60C and when i play games like cs go it reaches from 80-95C. Is this normal?
I think I did something wrong when installing the cpu fan. When I install it I didn't know the thermal paste is THAT sticky so I just yank it out because I was putting it in the wrong angle. It leaves a little bit on the cpu and I go on as normal, is that the issue? am I doomed?

I have a 2600 and mine runs a lower than yours (about 20-30C idle) but it depends on your cooler and thermal paste. I guess a little bit was wasted when you were messing around with it, most you can do is reapply thermal paste by buying some. No you are not doomed don't worry.

kanewolf

Titan
Start by checking your temps with RyzenMaster software from AMD. Some measurement software is not accurate on Ryzen.
60C idle is not "normal".

Xavonium

Reputable
Jun 25, 2017
I have a 2600 and mine runs a lower than yours (about 20-30C idle) but it depends on your cooler and thermal paste. I guess a little bit was wasted when you were messing around with it, most you can do is reapply thermal paste by buying some. No you are not doomed don't worry.
can I take off my cpu cooler and then re attach it without having to change my thermal paste? I can't buy another cpu cooler since im on budget

May 21, 2020
If you still have enough thermal paste, that's fine. Thermal paste is cheap so it's worth checking if that's the issue.

Solution