[SOLVED] Is it normal for RMA's to take months?

Nov 28, 2020
I sent an RMA request early September for a dead Gigabyte 1080 mini and got approved 4 days later. I've been waiting for almost 2 months now and from reading other posts about Gigabyte RMAing the average seems to be half a week to 2 weeks, is it normal for some RMA's to take this long?

P.S they already received it a month earlier and the status has been being replaced for a little under 2 weeks now.

Solution
Keep on them about it. I'm surprised they're still doing RMA's on 1080's, though. The cores have been out of production for a while, so where would they even get any if that is the source of the problem? Even GDDR5 memory is hard to find now. That might be why it's taking so long. I think their only option would be to replace yours with a like model that is more current, but even that is difficult since they halted production of Turing based cards. I wouldn't count on them sending you a new RTX 30 for free, either. It will probably be cheaper for them to just pay you whatever the card was worth before it stopped working or issue you a credit towards a new card from the current line, whenever they become available again.
I sent an RMA request early September for a dead Gigabyte 1080 mini and got approved 4 days later. I've been waiting for almost 2 months now and from reading other posts about Gigabyte RMAing the average seems to be half a week to 2 weeks, is it normal for some RMA's to take this long?

P.S they already received it a month earlier and the status has been being replaced for a little under 2 weeks now.
No it isn't usual however due to current covid pandemic world wide. Things have taking more time because they have stricter regulations on they're companys to acomedate the social distings

Call them. Send an e-mail. They are the ones with answers.

Don't let them forget about you.

Joseph_138

Distinguished
Keep on them about it. I'm surprised they're still doing RMA's on 1080's, though. The cores have been out of production for a while, so where would they even get any if that is the source of the problem? Even GDDR5 memory is hard to find now. That might be why it's taking so long. I think their only option would be to replace yours with a like model that is more current, but even that is difficult since they halted production of Turing based cards. I wouldn't count on them sending you a new RTX 30 for free, either. It will probably be cheaper for them to just pay you whatever the card was worth before it stopped working or issue you a credit towards a new card from the current line, whenever they become available again.

Last edited:
Solution