[SOLVED] IS it normal that my CPU hit 4.3 GHz while it IS locked at 3.2 in the bios?

Jun 27, 2020
Hello everybody

M just build my pc with AMD ryzen 7 3600x on a tuf b450 gaming plus MOBO

My question IS ..IS it normal that my CPU hit 4.3 GHz by it self while it IS locked at 3.2ghz in the BIOS
I ce noticed that while m playing CS GO ans rainbow six siege even warzone

NOTICE that m not overclocking my machine
Thanks

Solution
Some CPU's come with automatic overclocking. It's the processor automatically overclocking itself which is a normal feature that's usually enabled by default.

It should be perfectly safe because it will only overclock as long as the CPU's temperatures are at a safe level. If the temperatures get too high it will reduce or stop the overclock on its own automatically
The BIOS/and assorted applications within WIndows and Windows itself often identifies a CPU by it's base clockspeed.... (my own 7700K naturally elicits several readings of 4.2 GHz in assorted windows/apps, but, looking at task manager/performance, or, HWMonitor, will show the true clock speeds from second to second, whcih naturally change according to load and the boost/turbo speed at any given second...

Jun 27, 2020
The BIOS/and assorted applications within WIndows and Windows itself often identifies a CPU by it's base clockspeed.... (my own 7700K naturally elicits several readings of 4.2 GHz in assorted windows/apps, but, looking at task manager/performance, or, HWMonitor, will show the true clock speeds from second to second, whcih naturally change according to load and the boost/turbo speed at any given second...
Yeah i did it and in some games it boost to the limite of 4.1 -4.3 GHz while m not overclocking my CPU and in the MOBO bios everything IS set auto i vn't change anything
So if it IS set auto that is mean that my CPU Can change speed handling to every usage? I mean when it nécessary to do it or what?
Thanks for your advices

Furzumz

Reputable
Some CPU's come with automatic overclocking. It's the processor automatically overclocking itself which is a normal feature that's usually enabled by default.

It should be perfectly safe because it will only overclock as long as the CPU's temperatures are at a safe level. If the temperatures get too high it will reduce or stop the overclock on its own automatically

Reactions: JOMNI7AMINE
Solution
Jun 27, 2020

Thank you, that is what m looking for ....
My temps i think are normal it's around 35-40°c in idle and in gaming it IS around at high temps recorded IS 72°c

Furzumz

Reputable
Thank you, that is what m looking for ....
My temps i think are normal it's around 35-40°c in idle and in gaming it IS around at high temps recorded IS 72°c

40c idle and 72c under load sounds normal for that processor. Newer Ryzen CPU's like to run on the warm side.

Your processor has a max operating temperature of 95c so as long as you're not seeing your temperatures hit 85c+ you should be just fine

Jun 27, 2020
40c idle and 72c under load sounds normal for that processor. Newer Ryzen CPU's like to run on the warm side.

Your processor has a max operating temperature of 95c so as long as you're not seeing your temperatures hit 85c+ you should be just fine
Thank you bro for your help
I thought at first that i ve did something wrong with the CPU

Thanks again :)

Ralston18

Titan
Interesting. Being curious I went to AMD's website for the CPU specs.

https://www.amd.com/en/products/cpu/amd-ryzen-5-3600x

Noted the two little blue "information" circles.

The "Max Boost Clock" spec explains what I understand @Furzumz to be referring to. (Thank you.)

The "Unlocked" spec basically negates AMD warranty support if auto clocking is allowed.

Am I reading that correctly?

Jun 27, 2020

The "Max Boost Clock" spec explains what I understand @Furzumz to be referring to. (Thank you.)

The "Unlocked" spec basically negates AMD warranty support if auto clocking is allowed.

I think that AMD 's cpus had the auto clocking...but i ve didn't understand the warranty support as well

Furzumz

Reputable

Based off the wording I think they're saying they won't honor the warranty if the damage was caused specifically by overclocking whether it be AMD's automatic "turbo boosting" overclock feature or manual overclocking

I could be wrong but I don't think overclocking voids the entire warranty, it just means they won't honor the warranty if they find out overclocking was the cause of the damage

But I've never heard of a processor destroying itself from automatic overclocking