[SOLVED] Is it normal to have these fps with GTX 1660 super in games.

May 23, 2020
Hi guys, is it normal to have on Avg 380fps on CS:GO with GTX 1660 super and i7-4790k. I once hit even 350fps Avg.
The thing is that on a fresh restart to the computer the game gets like 400fps Avg, but after i play it for a while, and run benchmark again it goes to like 380fps, after some hours as i said to 350fps.
Is this thing something to worry about?, or is it due to backround processes acumulated for opening apps such as MSI Afterburner, discord.

Solution
The problem is the performance downgrade as i play, i dont understand why.
Usually heat related. CS GO is unusually very dependent on cpu single core performance so check both the temperature of the cpu and gpu. As temperatures increase both cpu and gpu will reduce their boost speeds. It might be something else but this is where I would start. To be fair a 30fps difference when running 350-380 is not going to make any difference, if you didn’t monitor the number you wouldn’t be able to tell.
May 23, 2020
Seeing as how most gaming monitors are 144 Hz, only a few are 240 Hz, and only recently have 360 Hz monitors been announced, unless you are playing it on a yet to be announced 400 Hz monitor, I fail to see what the problem is.

Usually heat related. CS GO is unusually very dependent on cpu single core performance so check both the temperature of the cpu and gpu. As temperatures increase both cpu and gpu will reduce their boost speeds. It might be something else but this is where I would start. To be fair a 30fps difference when running 350-380 is not going to make any difference, if you didn’t monitor the number you wouldn’t be able to tell.

Solution