Is it normal?

richard.lajko

Prominent
Nov 9, 2017
First, i am sorry for my english.
I bought a monitor like 2 weeks ago.I glad i bought it.
The monitor:
https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/monitors/gaming/24--cfg73-gaming-monitor-with-quantum-dot-lc24fg73fqnxza/
But i realized that the monitor's bottom right side is really hot when i am using the monitor(i think beacuse there is the monitor's control panel with the buttons,maybe some cables running there) and i am wondering it will ruin the monitor.Is that possible?When it's hot i can still touch it(i think it's between 40-60celsius).I don't know if the pixels can withstand the heat.I have already tried to lower the brightness percentage from 100 to 70 , it worked(it did not heat up so much, but the picture was not that sharp.),but it's still hot.Any ideas?

Solution
the LED's should not be getting that hot. turning down the brightness verified that the issue is the backlight LED's. if it is new I would return and replace it. if the next (exact same model) does the same, make sure the warranty card is filled out and sent in is about all you can do. if it fails it is on samsung at this point as a design issue.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
the LED's should not be getting that hot. turning down the brightness verified that the issue is the backlight LED's. if it is new I would return and replace it. if the next (exact same model) does the same, make sure the warranty card is filled out and sent in is about all you can do. if it fails it is on samsung at this point as a design issue.

Solution