Question Is it ok if I'm playing Forza horizon 4 and my CPU's temp is 85-80?

Dec 2, 2019
Hi, While I was playing Forza horizon 4 I wanted to check what's my CPU's temp,I installed Speccy and it was showing that my CPU's temp is between 80 and 85
my CPU is i7 9700k its not overclocked
my CPU cooler is Noctua NH-U9S
Please help me :)

85-80 degrees is fine, so dont worry
but its not normal for an nh u9s, as its a beefy cooler that i would suspect would stay in 65-70 range while gaming.
as for what to do.. first check if the fan spins, if it does just reconnect it to make sure and check degrees, if that doesnt work, i would reseed the cooler, and reapply thermal paste.

Dec 2, 2019
85-80 degrees is fine, so dont worry
but its not normal for an nh u9s, as its a beefy cooler that i would suspect would stay in 65-70 range while gaming.
as for what to do.. first check if the fan spins, if it does just reconnect it to make sure and check degrees, if that doesnt work, i would reseed the cooler, and reapply thermal paste.
Yes the fan spins, And I forgot to mention that while playing Fortnite the temprature is about what you mentioned 60 to 70 max but in Forza its 80 to 85, should I try cleaning the PC? I didn't clean the filters for a long while.

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
it would be nice if it ran a bit more cool, but is under the limits for a 9700 cpu that probably you overclocked it, correct?

perhaps if the case can get more fans so cold aird flows inside more easy, could be helpful for the cpu heatsink, what case do you have?

Dec 2, 2019
it would be nice if it ran a bit more cool, but is under the limits for a 9700 cpu that probably you overclocked it, correct?

perhaps if the case can get more fans so cold aird flows inside more easy, could be helpful for the cpu heatsink, what case do you have?
No its not overclocked, the case is Antec GX200, I have 1 extra fan on the back of the case

9700 cant be overclocked.
9700k can be.
k means the chip is overclockable, so does x (and c but thats no longer a thing)