[SOLVED] Is it ok to bend my sata power cable like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
eh its fine. Obviously sharp bends have to potential to eventually damage any cable/plug, but modern PSU's are pretty sturdy.
You've already installed it, I wouldn't worry about it too much as long as the pressure isn't going to make either of those plugs wiggle loose.
eh its fine. Obviously sharp bends have to potential to eventually damage any cable/plug, but modern PSU's are pretty sturdy.
You've already installed it, I wouldn't worry about it too much as long as the pressure isn't going to make either of those plugs wiggle loose.

Solution
What can I do to fix this? If it works and I'm not movkng it around too much then is it fine?
It is not cable bend, that is the main issue here.
You're putting extra stress on sata connector on the drive. At some point it may just break off.
Use one more sata power cable.

hqdefault.jpg

Judging by the rather large angle assumed by the plug on the left there's a considerable amount of pressure on both the plug and connector. This does not bode well for the longevity of either. Use 2 different cables in this instance, and do not fold the wire in between the drives.

Aug 6, 2021
Judging by the rather large angle assumed by the plug on the left there's a considerable amount of pressure on both the plug and connector. This does not bode well for the longevity of either. Use 2 different cables in this instance, and do not fold the wire in between the drives.
I do not have another cable long enough for the 2 drives

Aug 6, 2021
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS