[SOLVED] is it ok to disable my integrated graphics card?

Mar 27, 2021
i want to play genshin impact however the laptop always hangs and won't work when i try to launch the game. i googled and they told me to disable my integrated graphics card, but im not sure if i should do it as im scared the laptop won't work after i disable it. the acer laptop has Nvidia but im very unsure. what should i do?

Solution
On a PC, you can clear CMOS to recover from most mistakes made in BIOS. On laptops that save stuff in NVRAM, you are screwed unless there is some method for clearing bad BIOS options, so you are probably better off not messing with it.

Depending on how the laptop routes video output from dGPU to LVDS/external output, the IGP may be required to get video output out of some if not all ports.
Mar 31, 2021
its ok to disable the integrated gpu if you have another gpu. the computer uses the igpu for the display or say, the igpu is attached to the display of the laptop and so you may change the settings in nvidia control panel and nvidia geforce experience . if you disable the igpu then there wouldnt be a display attached to the nvidia gpu so you wouldnt be able to change the settings in the nvidia control panel and nvidia geforce experience. disabling the igpu and using the, say, dedicated gpu improves the quality of graphics and may increase the refresh rate of the display. displaying the igpu and using the dedicated gpu makes graphics generate quicker and there is less lag when doing stuff that require the generation of "images". the computer will work as normal if you have disabled the igpu and is using the dgpu

InvalidError

Titan
On a PC, you can clear CMOS to recover from most mistakes made in BIOS. On laptops that save stuff in NVRAM, you are screwed unless there is some method for clearing bad BIOS options, so you are probably better off not messing with it.

Depending on how the laptop routes video output from dGPU to LVDS/external output, the IGP may be required to get video output out of some if not all ports.

Solution