Is it ok to use old psu

Rana_13

Commendable
Oct 15, 2016
Just bought i5 6600, Asus z170 pro, HyperxFury 8 Gb ram x1, now I'm out of money my old pc have ODYSSEY 450 watt psu can i use it till i get good psu before i get new psu, i need ssd and graphic card(i go later for this item for now i go for ssd first to run pc) and I'm going for Samsung evo 850 250GB , graphic card not decided right now collecting money so is it okay to run with old psu ? {Going for seasonic once i collected money it take me 2 month}

Solution
The Asus Z170 Pro requires an 8-pin CPU battery pin and the standar 24-pin for the motherboard.

I'd be very suprised if that PSU had the required 8-pin power connector, but you could always check just to make sure.

Luminary

Admirable
If this is your PSU, then no. LINK

You'll need a new PSU in order to power the Asus Z170 Pro correctly. It doesn't look like the Odyssey 450 has the required CPU power pin. You'll also certainly want to upgrade it before getting a new graphics card, as it 100% won't support any but the lowest-end cards.

Luminary

Admirable
The Asus Z170 Pro requires an 8-pin CPU battery pin and the standar 24-pin for the motherboard.

I'd be very suprised if that PSU had the required 8-pin power connector, but you could always check just to make sure.

Solution

Rana_13

Commendable
Oct 15, 2016
Yes you are right my old pus 24 pin and 4 pin my old board is asrock g31m-vs support 24 pin bit only 4 cpu battery pin thx buddy can you pref some budget psu idc if they make noise all i want good psu run board without any problem.i saw corsair vs 550 watt cheapest on amazon is it ok to go it cost me 3000 INR other psu like seasonic and evga cost me 3 times more.

And look like I'm going to use my old system for few week more till i got money for new psu

Luminary

Admirable
I only personally recommend using hardware that fully supports what you are trying to use. If you want to try MatthewGB's suggestion then that is your call.

As to a good PSU, I'm afraid I'm not able to provide a direct link since you are in a specialized market. The best thing to do is to take a look at the Tom's PSU Tier List and try and find a PSU in tiers 1 and 2. If you're on a really tight budget you can also go down to tier 3. Avoid any PSU's you see below tier 3, as they aren't reliable.

MatthewGB

Respectable
Jun 15, 2016
Identify the problem before applying a solution. Try that PSU, if it doesn't work buy a new one, but it would be a waste of money if the one you currently have its actually good enough. I don't see a problem unless you're sure the one you have isn't good enough.

Rana_13

Commendable
Oct 15, 2016
I saw many form and i found on 12V=10A is not good i don't want my new board and cpu get dmg i can use old psu if he not dmg my system i can't take risk i end up buying seasonic 80 plus gold certified at 9000 INR from amazon. Going to compromise with ssd size going for 120 gb instead 250 gb evo 850